Pipe hitting

Kevin Turch

My Dp is barely hitting the frame on my GN, Ive got a new DS Poly MM, and a napa cheapy on the PS. Ive tried moving the header, to mabye move the turbo up a bit, and that didnt work, not enough play. I was wondering if anyone has elongated the bolt holes on the DP to get it to move slightly?. Dont get me wrong, my pipe is not hitting much, but it is causing knock.

TIA

Kevin

what kind of DP, mine is a 2 peice and i was able to adjust around that...

I made the holes 3/8" on my THDP to align the puck better with my new turbo.

I use washers on the 8mm bolts anyway.

It can be done, I never looked back there to see if it moved much in relation to the frame and control arm.

Mabye ill try that, instead of elongating them. Like i said its only touching a tad. Thanks for the replys

Kevin

Kevin,

If it is a slight gap, try that insulating wrap in the Summit exhaust section. I may be enough to cusion the dp.

Mike

Your fuel return and evap canister lines should be right next to where your DP is hitting. Better look after (relocate) those too. ;)

What size DP are you running. I have poly motor mounts on both sides and I could not get my 3.5" THDP in without "clearancing it" with a hammer. Every car is a little different. Also, I think that even though these DPs are made with a jig, it only has to move a hair while welding the pipe to the flange and all of the sudden it's out half an inch or more three feet away next to the frame.

It seemed to me it was good for maybe a half inch at most Kevin. Talk to Paul at H&R to be sure. In my case it became pretty obvious quickly that the hammer was coming out. ;)

Again, if you put your hand on top of the frame rail (or look through the PS fender well) you will see that some fuel lines are quite close. There is a retaining clip with a tab that pokes into the frame to hold it there. I removed that and just gently bent the lines forward and out of the way. Good luck.