Piedmont Dragway 9.25

Boy, arent we just the smarta$$ today...... Im feeling pretty good if u want to know the truth. U wanna run heads up this Saturday there Eric?? You gonna need to spray something more than Alky if you want some of Syd... :D

Good, I'm glad your getting it all worked out. I'd hate to see anyone blow their motor over this.

Sure I'll run you. We all know the outcome, but I really don't think I'm the one you need to watch out for:D

You know, I really need to move over to the middle of the state to be with you fast guys. I have no one here to help me tune mine.:frown:

You know, I really need to move over to the middle of the state to be with you fast guys. I have no one here to help me tune mine.:frown:

well when you find him please send him my way! mine needs help too.............

Eric--I will try the XFI a little longer. Good thing I didn't hurt my motor (that I know of) since the XFI was not taking out timing when knock occurred.

I'll run you again if you don't run Clint. You can make it three out of three against me then. :)

Eric--I will try the XFI a little longer. Good thing I didn't hurt my motor (that I know of) since the XFI was not taking out timing when knock occurred.

I'll run you again if you don't run Clint. You can make it three out of three against me then. :)

I'll wait and launch with you to make it fair. I know how your feelings get hurt when I get the jump on you at the line;)

I'm sure the XFI is one sweet box and I have had thoughts about getting one maybe next year. It's just nice to shut Pat up for a while about running a stock ECM. This gives me a little ammo to return fire with:D

Well i took the plunge today....................

I called Patrick Rubio @ precision turbo and ordered a 67HPQ DBB billet wheel turbo:eek:

some say you gotta feed the stroker..............................................;)

So i'm gonna choke it:eek:

(no pun intended):D

Well i took the plunge today....................

I called Patrick Rubio @ precision turbo and ordered a 67HPQ DBB billet wheel turbo:eek:

some say you gotta feed the stroker..............................................;)

So i'm gonna choke it:eek:

(no pun intended):D
WTF?!........

Well, the little TE45A is going to do its best to give you all you can handle. Doesn't matter that you have a 200+ FWHP advantage with your turbo!!!! :biggrin:

WTF?!........

Well, the little TE45A is going to do its best to give you all you can handle. Doesn't matter that you have a 200+ FWHP advantage with your turbo!!!! :biggrin:

Now you know that i can't hang with you.............................:biggrin:

Syd is special:eek:

What's up SloGN ? I am trying again to get some TRs at the Darlington track. I will be there this time lol. I think Saturday would be the best day as I know we all work alot to keep these v6s running so fast. So if you guys want to burn some rubber in darlington say around the 9th let's go!!!

Eric,
Give 'em hell! All of us with ex-hot air cars are pulling for you! Long live the hot air cars!!!
Conrad

I finally did it!

I'm not angry just a tad disapointed is all.

all this crap under the hood and it really is not any faster than my old .040 over motor.

lets see

.040 109 junk replacement cast pistons(heavy as hell) 200/200 flat tappet lunati cam bob stanley ported heads 1.65 roller rockers and a ported intake. the compression was just a tad over 8.1/1

it has ran a 7.21 @94.5 mph with a 1.65 60ft. shortly after that pass i hurt a head gasket due to the walbro pump giving up. on race gas

so now i have a

.020 109 diamond pistons stroker crank roller cam Ta alum heads with 1.65 rockers ported intake and a girdle. the compression is a full point higher.

it has ran a best of 7.17 @ 96 mph with a 1.60 60ft on pump gas @ 16 psi of boost with 22 degrees of timing.

so thats 5 psi different. so the bigger motor ran almost the same time @ 5 psi less boost.

but the bigger motor has more cubic inches (21 to be exact) and a full point higher in compression and it has a bigger roller cam.

that to me seems like it should be faster with less boost than the old motor.

I hope something changes my mind cause right now i'm regretting spending the money building this motor. All the other motor needed was head gaskets and a oil change :eek:

BOY AM I WRONG..............:biggrin: iT FEELS REALLY GOOD TO BE WRONG RIGHT NOW

Pat,

Give your build some credit. Compliment your heads with a nice 70 series turbo. It WILL wake your car up. It's like taking a stock turbo and putting it on your old 040 motor. Great spool up BUT out of steam, on the top end, due to efficiency. Give me a call as I have a question about BG. Keep your head up hulio..

Clint,

Earl's performance is on your side. Great 60' times considering the weight of the car and drag radials! Congrat's! It does have much much more in it, from what I hear, based on how those heads flowed ;)..

Like what's already been said... You have nothing to be concerned about. You upgraded your engine to take full advantage of airflow potential. The heads, the stroker cui., etc... But with such low boost and a small turbo (refresh my memory on the size) you're barely feeding the beast. Add some boost and some volume, appropriate fuel/AFR, some traction, and some rpm and you'll be just fine!! :biggrin:

K.

Ok guys i went back out to the track tonite to take advantage of the cooler temps.

I took all the advice that has been given to me since last weekend and put it to good use!

My final pass of the evening was a 6.76 @ 102.77 with a 1.54 60ft. The boost was a tad over 20psi for the entire run till like the last 50 ft and it creeped upto 22psi. When the boost creeped up the A/F went rich as hell @ 10/1 till i let up. The timing was @ 22 degrees thru the entire pass. The fuel i was using was a mix of 93/112.

I had no air in the rear air bags and the mickey t drag radials had 18psi in them. I launched @ 5psi boost off the T-brak.

SloGN did her thing tonite........:eek:

All this with that little GT6152e:eek: i'm surprised as hell.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Congrats Pat!!! That's getting it done:eek: My advice, give me that turbo!

I'm going out and buying new plugs and wideband today. There's just no way I'm going 11:1 to 8:1 and back to 11:1 AFR. By all accounts I'm running pig rich judging from the running the 009 injectors from 70 to 75% DC and alky pressure over 100 PSI.

I ran an 8.3 @ 84 MPH which is off about .5 second and 3-4 mph were I've been in the past.

Pat,

That engine woke up with some more boost! :D Congrats! You and Clint need to have a little side-by-side action at the strip...:p

question

My final pass of the evening was a 6.76 @ 102.77 with a 1.54 60ft. The boost was a tad over 20psi for the entire run till like the last 50 ft and it creeped upto 22psi.

I have a question, Can we add your name back on the list for THS?? :biggrin: