Pictures of the new G-Body Parts.com TSO Car

TurboDiverArt

The Guru Thorn
As most of you know by now I sold my entire Buick race operation to G-Body Parts.com. Brian has retained me to drive the car for the 2007 TSO Points series. We would have liked to take the car to Bowling Green but because of the typical BS the **** is known for pulling they decided to make a ruling change that disqualified the G-Body Parts.com car for the 2007 season even though it was legal in 2006.

The car is getting a fresh bullet put together by RPE in Connecticut, new suspension that will keep the car going straight and a new paint job. This paint is absolutely gorgeous and the car is show quality! Not only should it go fast but look good doing it too. Brian and I decided to give the car an old school look with a non-metallic red similar to the GN concept car and GS’s of years past. The car also has the new “AP” TSO intercooler on the car with polished end tanks.

G-Body Parts.com and I are really excited about the 2007 season. We’re both hoping to bring some of the more than $10,000 that’s up for grabs in the TSO Points series home! The point’s series is really going to be the race series to watch this year. Should be really exciting!

Art.

Attachments

• big red IC & trim 001_LowerRes.jpg
    big red IC & trim 001_LowerRes.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 623
  • big red IC & trim 002_LowerRes.jpg
    big red IC & trim 002_LowerRes.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 617
  • big red IC & trim 003_LowerRes.jpg
    big red IC & trim 003_LowerRes.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 616
  • big red IC & trim 004_LowerRes.jpg
    big red IC & trim 004_LowerRes.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 614
  • big red IC & trim 005_LowerRes.jpg
    big red IC & trim 005_LowerRes.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 611
That car looks like all intercooler and no motor LOL...

I had no idea that you sold your business, im sure you will enjoy the life of frustration, i mean semi retirement :)

Im being sarcastic... cause i agree with you about Richard L. and the G S C A ...... even thou i go to BG every year...

Can you give us a rundown of the events you will be hitting this year?

BW

That car looks like all intercooler and no motor LOL...

I had no idea that you sold your business, im sure you will enjoy the life of frustration, i mean semi retirement :)

Im being sarcastic... cause i agree with you about Richard L. and the G S C A ...... even thou i go to BG every year...

Can you give us a rundown of the events you will be hitting this year?

BW

We will be hitting TSO in Norwalk, BPG/Columbus and Cecil. The Mid West Challenge is too far for us to go to race TSO. Additionally we'll be at E-Town on Labor Day and most likely the Atco event as a season closer. Test and tune will primarily be at E-Town and Cecil County.

Art.

HOLY Intercooler Batman. that thing is huge.

Good luck racing. :D

That intercooler was a one of a kind when we were doing R&D last year. If you saw the car in TSO last year (when it was purple and silver), it was on there. Now that we have a years worth of data and we know it works I believe Brian contracted to have a few more made for the big boys. Even in 90+ degree heat I never saw MAT temperatures above 115, and that was only at the end of the track when I let off which for some reason always seems to cause a spike. I'm not sure why but others have also experienced this with other intercoolers. Probably has something to do with the loss of air flow through the up-pipe when the butterfly is slammed shut and the turbo over pressurizes the intercooler for a split second (more pressure, more heat). Just a theory though! The intercooler is so big you must install it from below. You can't slide it in from the front if the grille is off because it won't clear the bumper braces. It must be installed from the ground up. It's definitely a huge intercooler, not for the faint of heart! :eek:

Art.

That intercooler was a one of a kind when we were doing R&D last year. If you saw the car in TSO last year (when it was purple and silver), it was on there. Now that we have a years worth of data and we know it works I believe Brian contracted to have a few more made for the big boys. Even in 90+ degree heat I never saw MAT temperatures above 115, and that was only at the end of the track when I let off which for some reason always seems to cause a spike. I'm not sure why but others have also experienced this with other intercoolers. Probably has something to do with the loss of air flow through the up-pipe when the butterfly is slammed shut and the turbo over pressurizes the intercooler for a split second (more pressure, more heat). Just a theory though! The intercooler is so big you must install it from below. You can't slide it in from the front if the grille is off because it won't clear the bumper braces. It must be installed from the ground up. It's definitely a huge intercooler, not for the faint of heart! :eek:

Art.

I had 2 built so far the new one on red & one for Shane Grimsley.
We are Building 10 more AP TSO units. Yes Art "AP" stands for your design.:biggrin:

Why is the car not legal for BG?

The whole thing is played out on the G-S-C-A and other turbo Buick boards. In November of 2005 when the G-S-C-A rules were being finalized for the 2006 season I specifically asked in writing from Cal Hartline the RRA if my crossover configuration was legal. I have it in writing that it was “100% legal”. I was not able to make BG last year but raced in the other TSO events and won Norwalk. I sold the car to G-Body Parts.com in November of 2006. At that point Brian asked me to drive it and tune it for the 2007 season. I agreed and contacted a few guys in the G-S-C-A, including Cal the RRA to let it be known I was planning to attend BG and race in TSO. I spoke to Cal over the phone this time and again reminded him of my configuration. Cal has also seen it first hand at BPG last year so there was no doubt he knew the configuration. Fast-forward into 2007 and a boatload of money and prizes are raised for BG TSO. It's mentioned on many boards over and over again that we’re going to BG with a fresh bullet under the hood and a new suspension that should keep the car straight for once in it’s life. There is some discussion about the rules for BG but not much other than to say there is really no reason to change them. Another racer asked for clarification on the cross over rule because they had already built two other cars with the same configuration since it was legal last year and it's decided my cross over is no longer legal. At the time the car was the only one that had that configuration and was legal last year at every TSO event. Not to start up sh!t but I find it very interesting that I'm legal before all the money is raised but just a couple of months afterwards I'm not legal. By admission on the G-S-C-A board from an authority within the G-S-C-A the topic of cross over pipes was never brought up. I have never received an answer from anyone in authority as to why if the topic was never brought up did the rule change? It's BS! For that reason the car will not go to the Nats and neither will long-time vendor G-Body Parts.com. G-Body Parts.com will instead sponsor the TSO Points Series occurring in Norwalk, BPG/Columbus, Mid-West Challenge and Cecil County. Because of other political BS, BG TSO does not count as a TSO Points Series race. That’s sort of no surprise given the above…

Art.

I had 2 built so far the new one on red & one for Shane Grimsley.
We are Building 10 more AP TSO units. Yes Art "AP" stands for your design.:biggrin:
Thanks Brian. It's been good over the past 10+ years doing R&D with you!

BTW, for anyone interested, ALL the fiberglass you see on the car as well as most of the other go-fast parts were purchased from G-Body Parts.com when the car was mine. It seemed only fitting that the car be sold to Brian. I guess it only seemed fitting that he has me drive it in the 2007 season. The car has just about every available piece of fiberglass. Personally I don’t know of any others that are available and legal in TSO that are not already on the car. Fiberglass bumpers, hood, deck lid, fenders, doors, lightweight header panel, etc. The car is straight, fits together like a show car and the doors close perfectly. All with a full roll cage in the car! All quality pieces.

Art.

A ? from a..

dummy.
What would a x over pipe configuration have to do with the car being either legal, or illegal??:confused:

I would not let that dictate you bringing the car or not, go to B.G. and have a good time.....at the very least you could have the car there to promote GBody parts or even bracket race/ time trial the car......just a thought. Good Luck!!

I would not let that dictate you bringing the car or not, go to B.G. and have a good time.....at the very least you could have the car there to promote GBody parts or even bracket race/ time trial the car......just a thought. Good Luck!!

The car is not a bracket car, it's an outlaw car. I was fairly successful bracketing the car last year making it into the semi’s both times I raced it in Q-16 but it’s just not that fun. It’s too much work needing to sand-bag and lift so you can beat a V8 car by a bumper because he’s going to run the number every time. It’s way more fun running the car balls-out against another 8-second outlaw car. It's not worth towing 16 hours for that. Besides, the esteemed Jimbo Rogers stated publicly on the other board that he would not have allowed the car to race anyway, even if I had not been DQ'd. Pretty nice of him. If you look at the many posts on this, it was pretty clear in the end he got b!itch slapped by the management for his antics and decided to back off. Too late, damage was already done. Brian at G-Body Parts.com had already made his decision not to go to BG as a vendor but instead go to the other Buick events. Very sad, I had even stated I would have become a member so I could race the car, guess that's not happening now. Typical G-S-C-A BS!

Art.

Wow Art. All of that over a stupid cross over pipe. Pretty sad, but on a positive note, I look forward to seeing the car and you guys at the point series events.

Wow Art. All of that over a stupid cross over pipe. Pretty sad, but on a positive note, I look forward to seeing the car and you guys at the point series events.

Me too Ted. Can't wait for you to have the new bullet and management system in the car!

Truly a sad ordeal Art..........if the attendance poll numbers are correct on TBS.com it won't be any loss you not being legal or not.

Onward and upward to the TSO point series:D