pictures of modified 200-4R governor for higher shift points

bison

Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Here you go. Too much discussion about this and no pictures. I dont have the unmodified weight unfortunately and didnt have an unmodifed governor around to weigh and this one had some weight removed previously. Id guess the unmodifed weight is between 14.5g and 15g. I also included a pic of the 8-32 nylon machine screw that i use to retain the governor spring. I had previously used a steel screw but it was too heavy. I removed a total of approximately 2.25g from the weight including the difference between the steel and nylon screw. The screw is loc-tited into the threaded hole in the weight. Just find the appropriate tap for an 8-32 thread and tap away. The hole is already the correct size. It previously shifted around 5300 with a NL converter. It should be around 5800 rpm now. Notice how thin the edge of the weight is after removing the metal. The 10 tooth green drive gear is for 28" tall tires with a 3.42 rear in case you wondered why its not the stock orange one. Use it with the blue speedometer driven gear that comes stock in a BR coded 200-4R and you will be within a few % on the speedometer. Sorry about the quality of the pics. It was my camera phone.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx1.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx1.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 2,945
  • GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2,980
  • GetAttachment.aspx3.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 2,930
  • GetAttachment.aspx4.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx4.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 2,916
  • GetAttachment.aspx5.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx5.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 2,982
picture of assembled governor

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx6.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx6.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 2,933
Might similar results be obtained by drilling the verticals for the top half or so?
(Don't think I'm steady enough to go that thin without courting disaster).

I understand the relationship between distance from center of rotation and centripetal force, but the verticals have a lot of meat available.

Thanks for the pictures.:cool:

<>

Might similar results be obtained by drilling the verticals for the top half or so?
(Don't think I'm steady enough to go that thin without courting disaster).

I understand the relationship between distance from center of rotation and centripetal force, but the verticals have a lot of meat available.

Thanks for the pictures.:cool:

<>

Im not sure what effect it would have. It would take a lot more grinding to get the same effect as grinding further from the center of rotation though. The most sensitive area is the face of the weight.

Wow that is shaved to nothing! Cant you make the shifts higher by increasing T.V. limit?

My original post stated to use a 10 tooth drive gear and a stock driven gear for 28"tires. Thats only if you have a 4.10 ring and pinion, not a 3.42 rear. With 3.42 gears and a 275/60-15 tire you need a 12 tooth driver and 31 tooth driven. Sorry for the confusion.

Brian send him a red one.

Im going to send my foot up his a$$! He needs a 31 tooth driven and hes good to go. I have the same gear and same exact tire in mine and its very close with the 12/31 combo.

By other men ? Don't worry, we respect your choices.

That must have been a dream of yours or you wouldnt have commented. Actually by as many hot women as i want. Its nice being single!