51.7 KB · Views: 1,523
  • ta7.jpg
    ta7.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,534
  • ta9.jpg
    ta9.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,534
What are current rules on side bars?

I was told by John Moton, the guy who did mine, that the sleeve style is the only one that is currently legal in NHRA. The reason being, is that the bar is totaly encapsuled by the sleeve that slides over it. It makes it so much easier getting in and out.

What are current rules on side bars?

From the 2007 NHRA Rule Book:

"Side bar must pass the driver at a point midway between the shoulder and elbow"

And there is a whole section in the General Regulations that talk describe the specs on swing outs too.

Dave

Not a GN,but it is a "G" body,it's an '84 Monte.Not even close to being done.The front down bars go infront of the dash.The dash bar is hiden as well(no pic of it).When you look at the car from the side you don't see any of the cage.The frame is notched,boxed in,and solid body mounts.
000_0029.jpg

000_0031.jpg

000_0032.jpg

Hey kyturbo,
Who did your cage? I was looking at your pictures and thought to myself that looks like the work of Big Head Chris from Louisville?! He did my T for me and it looks almost exactly like yours (minus the removable rear bar)...He painted mine to match the interior (burgandy) and you almost can't see it. It's great!

Ed

Roll Cage

Man you guys art making sculpture. Out of pieces I once saw and said I would never do that.Well While my motor gets done hopefully.May just

Design one and se. Beautiful work.Can't see it is magic. Congratulations.
Rob........Really nice...

87LC2
You are correct! Big Head Chris did my cage. Awesome Job:cool:
I have light tint on the windows and you don't notice the bar if you aren't looking for it. Chris did a great job.

Thanks for the vote of confidince guys.Its apprieceated greatly.I enjoy doing roll bars.Thats why I don't do them for a living! If I did them for a living I would starve to death.(because I'm so slow!)Hang in there Rob,i'll get there asap.P.S.The "Hamburglar" rules!

All those roll cages are nice, but im afraid if you drive on the street without a helmet you would hit your head into the bars possibly. This is why insurance companies are probably against them.:(

?

what happened to my cage pictures? anyway here are more

Attachments

• buick interior 1.jpg
    buick interior 1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,631
  • buick interior 2.jpg
    buick interior 2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,646
  • buick interior 3.jpg
    buick interior 3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,629
Here's one for you.

Attachments

• IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,578
  • IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,578
RKKT788,

I love that interior!! My first NEW car was an 85 T with that same interior. Very cool.

Dave