Pics of my Hotair Car Converted to intercooled

Car looks damn good for a hot air:)

Id put a shroud on that IC and some 86-87 air dams if it were mine.Nice car.:cool:

Do you have a crank fan on there? If you need one let me know. I've converted to front mount intercooling.

Adam

I agree, you definately have to get that intercooler shrouded!!!!!!!!!

It's in the direct path of all that hot radiator air, and is not only not cooling, but probably adding heat.

If not shrouded, get it moved out front.

Thanks guys

Hey thanks for the compliaments. Its nice to see the I/C guys can respect something new and interesting. I actually picked up an intercooler shroud a few months ago, and the 2 piece spoiler as well. I am waiting to put them on as soon as i bring the car out or storage. Those pics were taken before the car was stored last year. So the shroud and spoiler are soon to be on! :)

hey man thats a really cool setup. The real question is how does it run with it? I tried convincing my dad to intercool his 85 but instead he bought his 86 to play with while keeping the 85 a hot air. Nice car and setup though good luck with it.:cool:

JDFastGN, to answer your question, it runs very very well with this setup. One of the biggest problems with intercooling hotairs was the lag you would get when running a bigger turbo. That was mostly due to the fact that the throttlebody was on the compressor side of the turbo, as apposed to the IC'd TR's that have the TB on the intake. This kit does that. with a custom ported polished intake that flows very well, and has the tb adapted to the intake. So the characteristics are exactely the same as an intercooler TR. It performas wery well.
I am running a bigger turbo now too. There is no lag at all, and throttle responce is on the dime. I'm running about 15 psi boost right now and it pulls very hard, sometimes cna't catch traction. And it still needs some fine tuning. And I get that wicked turbo sneeze when I let off the throttle like the 96'7's do :D
I am very happy with the kit, and I am anticipating good numbers at the track. And with this kit, im getting around 30 mpg on the hwy!

-Regards