pics of gn's with pro stars

chub406

im finally going to get to build a turbo buick! im picking it up this weekend. im going to build a gn clone. the car has prostars on it. i love the look. i am trying to decide how i want to do the car. with emblems, with out. to put bumper strip on or not. wich year of grill to use. all of that. the car is an 85. so im needing your guys's help deciding on how to do it. i would like to see pics of gn's with prostars to see what i like the best and your input would be appreciated! thanks guys!

There are some nice cars here to check out. As far as my opinions on the questions you asked, it depends on the look you want to go for.

I personally like a lack of emblems. Keeps the car smoother IMO. Plus it keeps people guessing. LOL

Bumper strips look good. But strip removal looks really nice, too.

I prefer the 87 grille simply because it's all blacked out.

Good luck and enjoy the Turbo Buick! :cool:

ya. i like the stock look with big rear tires. lol it will have 25/60/15 hopefully. i like seeing the emblems even if its a motor change. i have seen alot of people go with that grill. ive been looking through pics on here. some cars i love and some not as much. im trying to figure out what it is i like. it will have blacked out rear windows and prostars. lol thats why im hoping to see pics. maybe any black car with chrome aftermarket rims would work too. lol

I like the emblems because it retains that sleeper appearance:cool: But I like cars both ways, with or without emblems. Personal choice.

i think it looks good to. does anyone have the link to the gallery? there was a great one that was like 16 pages long. ive searched and cant find it. there was a pic of a gn with i think people sitting down at a picnic table that was gorgous. anyone help find it? lol

1840520523_c33f5567e1_o.jpg

2321950580_c514786d8f_o.jpg

THIS IS MY FAVORITE .
THIS PICTURE WAS GIVEN TO ME OF MY CAR BY A FRIEND AND SOMEONE KINDA MADE A T SHIRT OF IT
1840530503_1ca4486e7d_b.jpg

:eek:

well played sir! that is sexy! thats an 87 grille right? someone had a fiberglass front bumper car and it looked good to. beatufil car. keep em comming. lol

im thinking. basically a stock look. bumber strip. emblems. all that. i found one on page 14 of the gallery. i dont know how to put it on here. what about the radio antenna? what do people do about that?

Here is mine with the pro-stars that were on it when I bought it.

Attachments

• IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 672
I definetly would say that there are a lot of Prostar GN's out there, but no where near every other one. As far as the look, I just changed the car over to properly setup GNX rims and I prefer that to the welds myself. I was planning on selling the prostars with the tires that are on them, but after seeing them in those picts again, I think I might hang on to them and get some drag radials.

there is only like gn's that i have seen any where around here. those are the rims on the car. i just wanted to see them on there and more importantly. im trying to decide how i want to do the car. having pics of cars with pro stars helps me even more cause i can look at them and say. this will be my car. im looking at all cars no matter rim. 3/4 or better of gn's seem to have stock wheels. might change the year. i think that is more accurate. lol either way.. its what im looking for. my last drag car i really didnt get to pick the car. it kinda fell in my lap. that one got stolen 2 months after it was running and lost 15,000. lol so this is going to be exactly what i want. i was thinking of the stock aluminum wheels. the earlier gn's. i like those but this has the pro stars with the 15x10's that i want, so mght as well use them. lol i think a completely stock looking gn, with fiberglass bumpers, the pro stars, front air dam, and tinted back widows would be the ticket. lol do you have a pic of the car from the front? it looks like you have an opeing on the front dam? thanks! keep them coming! lol

i was wanting to put a back seat in it but since the cage already goes through there. i might just tin it and carpet it. i searched and couldn't find any pcs on this. anyone have any? ive seen them tinned but not carpeted and i was told that the best looking way to do it. any pics?