pics of car lowered and new wheels

It's about time you got some nice wheels they look awsome and you are right they do not look like 20's.:wink: :cool: :biggrin:

the rear has zero mods now for clearance. I will be grinding the lips a little....I think my bushings being old allow some side to side movement. 100% clear up and down, but when you turn at speed they barely grab the lip.
The front lips are almost gone. I cut them where the fender trim screws in and pie cut the inner fenders and pushed them WAY up.

Thats what I had to do on my fronts as well.
Car looks killer Greg, like the stance and wheel choice, good job.

Thanks all, I love the TR crowd, those who hate 20s look and hate...outta fear of the size and the ghetto stigma w/ "20". The fact remains if I didnt tell you they were 20s many wouldnt know it, heck I'd guess 18-19"...they just fit too well.
Once again, thanks, this new set up came at a time when I am going thru personal hell (divorce) and I needed something to get my mind off the cheating tramp. Nothing like a car to help w/ that!

Greg that looks hott thats exactly the stance i'm looking for. I also have 20 inch wheels that are 20x8.5 with a 5.25 or 5.5 inch backspacing for front and rear, belltech spindles, and rear springs, not sure what moog front springs i have(i will find out as soon as i get home), and i have z06 caliper front and rear. My question is how can i get a staggered look for the setup that i have. Once agian you really nailed it with this one great job, you got me trying to follow in your footsteps, please help me out on this one. One more question what rear disk conversion do you have and if you have any more pics, can you pm them to me.

Thanks,
Dee.

I know your not asking me but why dont you just stagger you tire size,a 245 up front and a 275 in the rear

looks good for wheels that are about 2" too big- but you really need some 14" brake rotors to somewhat fill of that huge wheel and help stop all that rotating mass.

Looks good. I like the stance. How is the turning radius with the fronts in the well like that? Do you have to make all turns really wide??

Coil off rear springs??

How did you remove one coil from the rear spirngs? Aren't the 5385's pigtailed on both ends?

Turning radius; I trimmed the lip out of the fronts to the fender trim screws and ran 5.25 BS and a thin spacer, so I have full lock to lock turning w/o scrubbing.

The rears were pig tailed on both ends, but they were so wide w/o that they wouldnt fit in the upper spring seat, the "knob" at the top is just useless now (as it is w/ an 2" drop spring)

As far as being "2" too big" that assuming I had your goal in mind. I obv dont. Bigger brakes are in the plan to assist w/ the little extra weight (my 16" and gator backs were about 3 lbs lighter per wheel/tire) Also, in many cases large wheels weigh a slight bit more than 2" smaller. IMO its worth the sacrifice for what I intend on using the car for.

Thats How 20" Should Look Under A G Body ---- Looks Good

Thx again guys, I dont think they really look that big. Thats why I risked 20"... Leprocon....I almost did the 22" rear, but I was afraid of the rear bumper 8' in the air....

sweet

not much of a big wheel guy but that looks sweet got the pro touring look

That car looks awesome. Wheels and stance look great. Im not a 20's fan , but its very tastefully done.

BTW I looked at the 18 in version of this wheel. The black center with polished lips looks awesome. Do you think the available BS will work in a TR? Or will it need some spacers to look right in the wheel well?

Thanks all!! I think the 338s in 18" will have the correct BS for a TR, I'll have to look and see. Of course it all depends on what you have already done. My BS was WAY different due to height and rear disc.

:eek: Nice! I think a lot of people hate bigger wheels because they end up making the car look like a 4x4, or some ghettofab ride. The car sits perfect on those wheels, really well done, looks awesome!