pics of car lowered and new wheels

GregInAtl

OK, to start w/ ... ****If you hate low cars, and big wheels, just back out and dont go through the pain of this.

Heres the set up;
F- Boss 338- 20x8.5 w/ 5.25 BS and 7/16 wheel spacer, 245/35-20
R- Boss 338- 20x10 w/ 6.25 BS and 1" adapter, 275/30-20

F- Bell Tech spindles, and Moog 5658s w/ KYBs
R- Moog 5385s w/ a coil removed, KYBs, and rear disc conversion (thus the high BS wheels)

It rides nice, the rear is almost out of travel, so I either have to drop the lower shock mount, or go to a coil over. The front did require 75% of the fender lip to be removed and slicing and pushing up the metal fender liner. Also the wheel BS is way outta the norm for TRs due to height and spindles. It finally works well, rolls w/o scraping and is exactly what I wanted. It is not the ultimate handling machine....but that wasnt the goal. It will be slower in a straght line, but that wasnt the goal either. (I'll use slicks at the track when I go) I want to roll smooth and look like a Foose styled GN.

All in all, I am happy.

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,532
  • mine2.jpg
    mine2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,407
I had a customer bring me a gn with 20 inch rims on it and it looked stupid.That car sat so high I didnt have to rack it to change the oil. on the other hand I think gregs car looks real good with that set up.Nice job

Looks pretty good. It would be better if the wheels were black or just chrome. Good job on the lowering and getting everything tucked nicely.

Greg, it looks great. Blingy wheels would be to loud. Most people dont get the stance right, you nailed it. We love it....

Greg, it looks great. Blingy wheels would be to loud. Most people dont get the stance right, you nailed it. We love it....

Thanks guys (even GNBrett) I dont think they look like 20" when you drop it down ...maybe its just me. I was determined to do big, and do it different..... thanks to a ziz wheel all is well!
I almost did blk wheels, but I have a blk passat wagon on 20" blk wheels, so I just couldnt do this one too. The flat gray looks kinda old school, and w/ gray interior....

Nice. I'm not into the big hoop stuff but it does look tastefully done. Regals have big wheel wells that swallow the bigger rims up - doesn't really look like they are 20s if you didn't know better. It's not like it's slammed or anything.

Good street stance as well. I've got Eibachs (I-Bounces) on mine right now. The back looks perfect but I think I'm going to add the Howes links to get it down just a tad more in the front.

Just out of curiosity, is the rear notched or the lips rolled?

Greg, looks great man! Glad you finally got her finished! Did a great job! I like it! ----------Jeremy

I think you did a great job too. I may have liked the staggered look a little better than the 20" in front, but this worked well. Thumbs up here. Always like seeing the pics...

the rear has zero mods now for clearance. I will be grinding the lips a little....I think my bushings being old allow some side to side movement. 100% clear up and down, but when you turn at speed they barely grab the lip.
The front lips are almost gone. I cut them where the fender trim screws in and pie cut the inner fenders and pushed them WAY up.

Very nice job looks great!

The only thing i would do different would be have the wheels black.

John :smile: