Pics and Video of the New Camaro Concept!

Pics from Naias

Camaro1.jpg

Camaro2.jpg

Camaro3.jpg

Camaro4.jpg

I think the Camaro looks mean, and I might be temped to buy one. The TA? Nah, I can just picture a 60 year old Burt Reynolds slowly climbing out of it. I think the TA needs some more work. The Camaro is supposed to look like the 69, so they went with a 79 for the TA? Don't like it. Besides, I thought GM was working on the Camaro, but had no plans for a TA. Has that changed?

wagon said:
Besides, I thought GM was working on the Camaro, but had no plans for a TA. Has that changed?

The only thing thats changed is the Camaro concept was released and some people with an image editing program worked it over to look like a TA. :D

Whut said:
The only thing thats changed is the Camaro concept was released and some people with an image editing program worked it over to look like a TA. :D
Exactly! GM is trying to go back and target their largest selling car audience, hence why the late 60's styling for the Camaro was picked. If they did do a TA, it would be foolish to not be of the late 70's era styling because in '79, they sold more than 117k TAs, thats not even including the Firebird models.....compare that to the late 90's early 2000's when they only sold around 25k Camaros and Firebirds and TA together a year!!

There is hardly a 40 something year old person today that doesn't say..." I knew so and so back in High School that had a TA...boy..." If they made the TA, all of those 40-50 something year old folks would be on the band wagon to buy one.

As far as the drawing, I like the front facia sytling, don
t care for the 78 Bandit style Edition bird and lettering, but its black so I guess it goes with the car.

Went to the Autoshow yesterday. Camaro looks much better in person. Grill needs some work IMO. Do not care for wheels that large. Interior is great. Like the hood. Guess I am looking for the retro feel. The Challanger is great looking but large. I think it is bigger than my GSX.

Alaskabuick said:
Come on Buick where is the retro GSX/GS stage 1 or GN!

Dont we only wish......
We should be happy the Camaro is as nice as it is ,,now you want GM to take on more tasks than they can competently handle,give them a break, they cant do more than 1 thing at a time

BandAid said:
We should be happy the Camaro is as nice as it is ,,now you want GM to take on more tasks than they can competently handle,give them a break, they cant do more than 1 thing at a time

:D :D :) :D

I bet it would look bad ass with some telstars or prostars mmmmmm yummy... me like!

GM just announced the new 6.0L LS9 SUPERCHARGED DOHC V8 for the BLUE DEVIL CORVETTE!!

And some Camaro news as per Bob Lutz:

Co-existing with Corvette
Don't forget that the Camaro and the Corvette did co-exist. But the Corvette is very expensive, and the Camaro was always very affordable. If we were to put this car into production, it would be priced with the Mustang, which means it would be only slightly over the Pontiac Solstice.

For production we would obviously do like we did in the old days -- you would have a popular-priced six-cylinder version, then you step up to an eight, then you step up to the next eight, all the way up to 500 hp or whatever size V-8s we have. Any V-8 engine that General Motors manufactures today is potentially slated for this car. You always would like to keep the Corvette with a few horsepower more than a Camaro. Theoretically, anything is possible.