Photo radar at intersections

KILL4PEACEUSMC

Team Infidel
Anybody have theses in your town? We have a few here in Tucson. I bought some of that spray you see on TV and it took a picture with my camera and well......I'm impressed! Here's a pic. Oh and don't buy more than one can, I did 6 cars and still have some left over 100_0833.JPG

Did you know that if you have Mexican plates on your car that they dont ticket you?? They toss them out. Can't mail to current resident.......

stupid. that **** pisses me off. a budy of mine got a ticket from one of those cameras. well he kinda did. its not a ticket till you admit guilt by signing it or calling the #. they have 60 days to serve you but tucson wont. so if you get one in the mail just shread it and dont answer your door for 60 days.

UROWNED

I can read it plain as day......in the bumper. You are going to have to do something about that.
I'm guessing that was with a flash. How does it work without a flash?
All I can say is if I see those on my daily routes, I will be looking into that spray. Either that, or I just won't run red lights.

Take a few with the flash and a few without the flash from different angles and then post up, I know a while back they did a test on mythbusters about this sprays for plates trying to prevent the camera from taking a picture and none of them stood up the test, they all failed..

Don't get caught doing it....big trouble there!

Yeah I'd have to agree. They just installed a bunch of these in Orange Co/Orlando and I noticed after the grace period that those intersections were also manned by MC cops so after the camera flashed indicating a red light runner the cop sitting a block away nabbed them as a back up. But you know I have to question the effectiveness of the spray camoflage. Okay a couple of months ago I got nabbed by FHP. So as I'm sitting in the CrownVic waiting for the paperwork I'm watching the dash cam and the flashing blue lights do a color show off the reflective paint of my license plate. It's against the law to alter your plate. Wouldn't a dash cam be the same as the red light camera meaning if the cop is on the ball he is going to notice your altered plate? And how long does this stuff last? Does it wash off after a couple of car washes with soap and water? What about rain? You're going to be screwed if you drive your car a lot in the precepatation in other words. I mean how hard is it to stop when you see the yellow light before the red anyway. Yellow doesn't mean speed up you know.:rolleyes:

Its like paint so it wont come off. The photo radar here is a real strong flash. you cant tell its been altered, you apply 3-4 thin coats. I think we had MC cops here too for awhile, but only till the program was in full swing. Damn them MC cops are hard to spot!

it sounds like it will last the same as spray paint, 1-2 years?

and who knows,maybe by then they will have license plates that can take a photo of you painting it......................:biggrin:

i remember when i first heard of these........

a guy gets a picture of him running a light in the mail.......and a ticket.
he sends a pic of the correct amount of cash for the fine:rolleyes: .
then the police captian sends him a pic of hand cuffs.
he sends the money;)

red light cameras

I would not trust that as I saw on that program on cable I forget what it was called but not even at 100 plus miles per hour in a Lambo can you get away from that.I live in Illinois and come to Arizona frequently and I think that big brother has us by the wallet. That is all that is, is a money maker as they do not care if you are drunk or have millions of dollars worth of drugs in the trunk of your car.:confused: The cops will be out of work soon and cameras will be on every corner.

I saw that on TopGear. IIRC they beat the camera only when they blew through the red light at something like 150-160. Really it's just where you mount the camera and what lens is used. Seems to me MythBusters busted the spray stuff too. I guess the only way to find out is blow through a stop light and see. Heck I've got the toll roads and one parking lot down here figured out.:eek: Yep just another tax. Just think if everybody paid attention and didn't run yellow lights. That would be one heck of a tax revolt now, wouldn't it?

You know I just thought of something here. I've been reading where the scam that they also pull with these cameras is to shorten the yellow light. Do a search and you'll read hundreds of stories where John Q Public has caught The Man in the act. You see when the company sells these things one of the selling points is that they can pay for themselves over the short term. And how do they do that? By getting people addictted to running red lights. Yep that's right. Screw the fact that you could get into an accident and kill yourself or somebody. All they want is the cash to make a tidy profit. If you want to fight these cameras than get the media envolved. Have them check to see if the city engineers have changed the timing on those yellow lights. In most places that is against the law. Yep. You could file a lawsuit against the city. You probably won't get them removed but maybe, just maybe you could take all that hard earned money away which would mean that they aren't all that profitable to begin with. Yep just another means to tax the public. :mad: