Performance/Machine Shop - N. Illinois

Kibster

I'm looking for a reliable and affordable machine shop that "knows" turbo buicks in N. Illinois.

Lost a head gasket on my 87 GN last fall - and with over 80K miles - and a leaky real seal - a rebuild is likely prudent.

The car is a typical 12 second recipe car (12.60s w/alcohol injection) - so it's pretty basic.

The cylinders look surprisingly good - and the pistons tops relatively carbon free (no doubt in part to Razor's Alcohol kit).

I'm half tempted to just replace the head gaskets - replace the rear seal and re-gasket the motor.

Of course the other half is tempted to go ahead and freshen the motor so I won't be pulling it again anytime soon.

Any thoughts on ANS Performance (Melrose Park - Barton), Opel Engineering (Streamwood), or ???

Unfortunately, ANS is closed now, you could try Pro-trac in Elwood, the owner runs a turbo v6 in a stang.

Pro-Trac Turbo Specialties
Dennis Butt
815-723-2530
PROTSRACE@AOL.COM

Dennis is out of the Joliet area and is VERY good with the turbo buicks, anything from a head gasket job to killer motors and tuning.

Cruise on over to the Chicagoland Chapter **** board. You will get some more good leads there. There's a fella doing Buick blocks in Sleepy Hollow now, but I personally do not have any first hand experience with him.

http://www.chicagolandbuick.org/

You could also try calling Gary from Street Performance in Elk Grove. I'm not sure if he does his own machining or not but he mostly specializes in buicks. 847-690-0925

John at Advanced Engine in Wheeling just got done with my motor. Even Mike Licht said he knew his stuff over the phone when I ran into a bunch of problems John caught and needed both of them to talk it over.

847 459 6363

dvernst said:
You could also try calling Gary from Street Performance in Elk Grove. I'm not sure if he does his own machining or not but he mostly specializes in buicks. 847-690-0925
Good Idea!! He just did my motor. :)

Thanks...

Thanks for the guidance - at least I now have a place to start.

Appreciate the help...

Thanks again...KM