Percolator sound.

The boost gauge in the dash on mine works fine, just the tach gauge on the dash is stuck at around 2000 rpm.
As time went on, the original gauges eventually get out of calibration once things start getting corroded or something in wiring goes crazy.

Just to back track a little, should I replace the actuator?

Thanks for all the other tips.

Get the aftermarket boost gauge to work first before worrying about the actuator. It's manual so trace that line off by the MAP sensor into the interior and onto the boost gauge. Check for leaks or breaks. There's probably just a small lamp in the gauge so that should be the only electrical wiring on it. Once you get the aftermarket gauge working you can tell what your real boost is. The dash gauges are notoriously inaccurate even when functioning corrrectly.

Im
So what you're saying is take it to a professional. lol.
After looking at the forums, there seems to be a shop in Queens pretty close to where I live that specializes in these cars,
I probably will take it to them. As much as I am confident in my ability to loosen nuts and bolts, electrical stuff is probably
better handled by people with experience.

The A-pillar gauge is not functioning, so I guess that answers why it isn't.

Would that green plug have anything to do with my Tach on the dash always showing full?
The boost gauge on the dash seems to be functioning normally, just not the tach.

Thanks for your help, it's really appreciated.

Justin
I'm from nyc area and used to live in queens. What shop are you planning on taking it to? Shoot me a pm w ure number and maybe I can give you a hand straight in things out.