People that call their cars "her" or "she"

TurboTer

Zap! Commander
This has always bothered me, especially when someone is describing their GN as "her" or "she". Please. :rolleyes: These cars are clearly more male than female. You couldn't get more testosterone if you tried.

BTW, this is not a joke post, I'm dead serious. :cool:

It's their fickle nature.
Things will be running along just fine, and out of nowhere, a headache, or blown headgasket.

Personally I think that anything that takes up this much time and money, is extremely moody, and always does whatever it wants is clearly female.

No, I don't refer to my car as a female. I never really understood that concept of referring to ships, cars etc, in female terms. If anything, I would think a MUSCLE car would be very masculine in nature.

The things I do in that car are not generally accepted by females. Driving fast and listening to loud music!:D

I never understood naming cars. Men or women names. "The Buick" works for me. There are also many colorful words that I use as adjectives in times of frustration, but that goes the same with most cars. :)

Originally posted by gn85
I never understood naming cars. Men or women names. "The Buick" works for me.

Same here. I used to just say "The Buick" and everyone knew what I meant. Then I got my daily driver Century. Things got confusing then.

"What car 'you takin'?"
"The Buick."
"Which one?"

Now I say "the GN" and "the white car". I can't imagine if I was a multi-TR (or multi-GN!) owner like some folks.

Jim

Same here. I used to just say "The Buick" and everyone knew what I meant. Then I got my daily driver Century. Things got confusing then.

Now that I have a '99 Regal GS I confuse people when I talk about the "Buick". The other day my boss asked, "which one?" I said, "the Regal." He then looked more confused and asked, "Ok, which Regal?" Then I replied with, "the force inducted one." :D

I refer to the GN as "The Buick." The Roadmaster wagon is "The Wagon":D
BTW, I hate when people call the GN "The National":rolleyes:

Originally posted by MJRWOOD
If it has t!ts or tires it's bound to give you problems.

not to get off on a tangent here or anything but what about manboobs?

As far as it goes, British people refer to their ships, etc as males not femals just as a point of interest.

i call my car it. I did name my old car mary, from the weezer song buddy holley. listen to the song and you'd get it.

I do know someone with a gn they call kenny, they got the name from southpark because the car always dies....:rolleyes:

I just call mine the GN. My wife however calls it that"Black POS that you spend too much time and money on"

Mine are called-the white one, the Dr Pepper car, the GN, the truck, the Vega, the Monza.
The wifes are called-the Red 4Runner, the new 4Runner, the 442. :D

No actual proper names...yet. ;)

I think guys tend to refer to them as female due to the strange, subconcious, hormonal attraction we have to them from a very early age....

-Jade

Originally posted by JadeMonkeyStang
I think guys tend to refer to them as female due to the strange, subconcious, hormonal attraction we have to them from a very early age....

-Jade
Thats the way I feel about it. If I was a HOMO it might be different!

My GN is the first car I consider a male. My old Plymouth Laser was named Veronica. My GN is called "Big Black" -- not feminine in the least. My LeSabre T-Type is a female; her name will be either "Black Betty" or "Little Black." I say once you hit 250hp it becomes a man. Though I love the GN more than most girlfriends I've had, it is still a dude...:D

FWIW.... I personally dont use any gender terms for my vehicles but if I did I couldnt really see myself saying "he" put down a hell of run the other day" or "I like driving my truck with an open dump cause he sounds wicked when I do". That all sounds just a little on the turd burgling side to me but replace all the "hims" with "her" and it doesnt sound quite as homo-ish in conversation.

Other than that Im in agreement with whats been said about cars being moody, cantankerous, and wallet draining but when they are in a good mood they are a blast to ride so I see where the female names come into play :)