Pellet Guns What you got?

chadly

I was out looking for a pistol this past weekend and got side tracked with pellet guns. I ended up buying a Gamo Big Cat .177cal. What a gun for the price. I put about a 100 rounds through it yesterday in the back yard just getting familiar with it. Not my favorite trigger. Even after adjusting the trigger its still not great but manageable. Up to fifty yards its still holds about a 3 inch group and only drops about 6-7 inches. At the far distance its penetrating the wood deep enough that you cannot see the pellet. The gophers in the back yard are in trouble. In fact some have already been eliminated.

I was out looking for a pistol this past weekend and got side tracked with pellet guns. I ended up buying a Gamo Big Cat .177cal. What a gun for the price. I put about a 100 rounds through it yesterday in the back yard just getting familiar with it. Not my favorite trigger. Even after adjusting the trigger its still not great but manageable. Up to fifty yards its still holds about a 3 inch group and only drops about 6-7 inches. At the far distance its penetrating the wood deep enough that you cannot see the pellet. The gophers in the back yard are in trouble. In fact some have already been eliminated.

I have a Benjamin I got about 25 years ago. I still knock squirrels out of my pecan trees with it.

I had a Benjamin about 15 years ago and it was a great gun. I believe I have a 760 as well. I loaned to my nephew about a year ago.

I really like the one **** and it’s ready to shoot 1000 fps. I just whacked a rabbit out of the wife’s garden about two minutes ago.

I have an old 22 cal my Dad owned back when I was a kid, it has to
be at least 35 years old. The barrel says JC Higgins 22 cal made by
Sears Roebuck and Co.
It's pretty cool looking for a pellet gun, solid wood stock and pump handle.
Not sure if it still works...

Benjamin .22 (460 fps)

Attachments

• gun.jpg
    gun.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 236
I was just thinking I need my pelet gun back...

My Crossman 760 is at my dad's place. I need to get it back for my son. Is 6 3/4 years old too young for a pellet gun? :D

My Crossman 760 is at my dad's place. I need to get it back for my son. Is 6 3/4 years old too young for a pellet gun? :D

Absolutely not! My 3 year old has a .22 cricket. He’s not yet shot it. But he will soon enough. The sooner you educate them and teach safety the better.:biggrin:

Wanted a Red Rider BB gun, with a compass in the stock, and a thing that tells time, but my mom wouldn't let me get it.

She said, "You'll put your eye out".

It was soon after this that I started hanging out with a guy named Black Bart. Cool guy. He sold me my first GN, and the rest is history.;)

Mike B.

I've got a chinese knock off of a german design and it's really accurate. I can hit a squirrel at around 35 yards and kill it. My buddies son shot a bird at over 50 yards and took it down as well. I reworked the trigger to make it nicer and got it down around 2.5 lbs so I'm happy. For practice I shoot coke caps at 30 yards and very seldom miss.

Crosman 760"B" here. The newer one with the 5 round pellet clip, because BBs suck. I'm pretty accurate with it for being a really cheap gun. For some reason the wildlife doesn't congregate north of my house anymore.

Crosman 760"B" here. The newer one with the 5 round pellet clip, because BBs suck. I'm pretty accurate with it for being a really cheap gun. For some reason the wildlife doesn't congregate north of my house anymore.

You need to get some of the lead BB's for reloading. They make a big difference and hit like a brick.:biggrin:

Benjamin .22 caliber pellet rifle (pump):eek:
Benjamin .22 caliber pellet gun (pump):eek:
Walthers PPK/S .177 bb gun 15 shot. C02 Full auto!:D
Daisy Rifle (pump action) .177 pellet or bb;)
Crosman Z71 UZI style .177 bb gun C02. This one is about 20 yrs old.:wink:
Crosman .357 Magnum Revolver .177 pellet C02. This one is 22 yrs old.:wink:

Gamo P23. No more cat sheeet in my yard.

When I start pumping my Benjamin on the back porch my wife's cats get on point...they know a squirrel is about to hit the ground. It's hilarious...it's like they are thinking.."yeah you little sob's, who's eating pecans now"...:biggrin: :eek: :biggrin:

I think a BB gun at 6 yoa is great. Start them young and they wll have proper respect for a firearm for life.

And they will know how to lead them just a little,,,,;)

Beeman R-7 Rifle .177 Spring Piston
Crosman 1322 Pistol w/rifle stock .177 Pneumatic
Benjamin 130 Pistol .177 Pneumatic
Daisy 92 CO2 Semi Auto .177

Looking for a Webley Tempest .177.....

:D