Pcv

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have 2 breathers on my car one on each valve cover I was thinking about disconnecting the Pcv blocking the vac line and just leaving the valve in the engine to seal the hole would this cause any issues?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've been running mine like that for 8 yrs now no problems I just change my oil more frequently . I just plugged it off .

If you are worried about sending boost pressure back into the crankcase via leaky pcv valve. Just get a $20 something dollar pcv valve by rjc racing from kirban's and put it inline between the pcv valve and the vacuum port. That should fix the leaky pcv valve issue. Thats what I did with mine.

The PCV needs to be used when the car is in stock configuration, meaning no breathers. It's purpose is mainly due to emissions. I haven't had one in over 10 yrs! When you are using one with open breathers, you are creating a vacuum leak. You are sucking in air that hasn't gone through the MAF sensor.

It's just not smart to delete the pcv. It's a very important part that pulls contaminants that would otherwise fall into your oil. Not to mention the fumes in the cabin. It plays absolutely no role when in boost. It's like it's not even there. Why people think they need to delete it is beyond me. Just need to make sure it seals or run a check valve.

Don't be foolish.

The PCV needs to be used when the car is in stock configuration, meaning no breathers. It's purpose is mainly due to emissions. I haven't had one in over 10 yrs! When you are using one with open breathers, you are creating a vacuum leak. You are sucking in air that hasn't gone through the MAF sensor.

Even in stock configuration you have a breather in the valve cover. The pcv itself meters how much air flows through . Breathers or not.

Even in stock configuration you have a breather in the valve cover. The pcv itself meters how much air flows through . Breathers or not.

Would running the rjc pcv valve be the same as running a check valve? The rjc pcv seems like a more solid design and won't leak boost back into the crankcase.

Would running the rjc pcv valve be the same as running a check valve? The rjc pcv seems like a more solid design and won't leak boost back into the crankcase.
I use the rjc pcv as a "check valve". I have a stock pcv valve in the stock location going to the inlet of a catch can, after the outlet of the catch can I have the rjc pcv plumbed to the vacuum block. I put the rjc between the vacuum block and catch can that way I don't pressurize the catch can under boost.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I prefer to run without a PCV. I run 2 open breathers, one on each valve cover. As long as the engine is allowed to reach operating temperature regularly you will not have condensation or contamination issues inside the crankcase. When the oil gets hot all the nasties vaporize and get vented out through the breathers with the blowby gases. The only drawback is the possibility of carnkcase fumes entering the cowl area and getting into the cabin. Having the cowl weatherstrip installed helps alleviate this issue.

Either way you go, with or without a PCV, make sure the breathers are adequate. At WOT the crankcase needs to breathe and the breathers have to be open and free flowing. You don't want anything blocking the blowby gases from escaping.