PCV questions, High BLM, Oil Leak.

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
Well Im still chasing my idle BLMs... this morning I was at 133 at a stop light, but I've seen it as high as 137.

I just installed a new PCV grommet from Kirbans, and a new 1162 pcv from autozone, but I still seem to be getting oil leakage around or near the PCV. The PCV valve is metal, and not plastic as mentioned in previous threads. Also how snug should the PCV valve be? I can wiggle mine up and down 1/8 of an inch and maybe 10deg in any direction. Im debating going to lowes/home depot and picking up a rubber washer to try to take some of the slop out of the PCV. I would just put it on the PCV barb, and then install the PCV normally. Im just not sure how tight the PCV fit should be.

I built a boost leak tester, and have a leak somewhere, but I honestly cant seem to find it. I've narrowed it down to intake gasket, throttle body shaft seals, or PCV/grommet. I found a ton of other leaks, but have fixed them all now.

I also think I may have a small header leak, but figured I'd find my vacuum leak first.

It's driving me nuts, I want to switch to E-85, but I want to get the car 100% running right before I do it.

Ok good deal, I was under the impression that anything over 128 meant something was up. Yeah the past two Autozone PCV valves I've bought were metal. I've replaced mine twice in the 5 years owning the car, this time I replaced the grommet too.

what are you running for vac and 02 at idle? I had 2 big exhaust leaks off the driver side. Didn't affect blm at all. Whats the FP at?