PCV grommet problem

toomanymodz

I searched the forum and found some old posts on this topic. From what I've read, the PCV grommet has been discontinued for many years and the repop ones don't fit worth a darn. I bought mine from a vendor last year and the hole is too small for the PCV valve to go into. I used soap and pushed over 50 lbs of force and it still wouldn't go in.

So, does anyone make a grommet that works? If not, it looks like I'll have to build my own PCV system with a catch tank and RJC's valve to meter the air properly.
RJC-PCV, RJC Buick Products: RJC Racing, Advanced Buick Grand National Products

Speaking of which, does anyone know the diameter of RJC's valve where it goes into the grommet?

The valve that I have is PCV1126 from AutoZone. It measures .500 and flares to .560. The grommet looks like it's made for a .375 fixture.

Great find! According to their site, the grommet that they sell has a center hole diameter of .495 which is much better than mine at .375
Thanks for the info!

01381487 is the gm number i found for the pcv grommet....according to gm's catalog its still available

here is a link to the Dorman page when i searched for "pcv grommets" for an 87 Grand National.

GN valve cover grommets

just take those part numbers to any parts store and find what you need- probably in the "Help!" section..

As toomanymodz found out, the grommets at the autoparts stores do not work. I think you have to go to Kirban for this part. A friend of mine was able to open the hole up on a grommet I had with a special bit in his drill that looked like a small round baseball. I think I have seen these bits for sale at Menards but I can't remember what they are used for.

Just to ad my comments

th "kirban one" as it has been referred to is the correct reproduction. I can't take credit for it because Richard Clark had it done we just sell them. Richard did it because as others have found out no matter what other source you go to GM or Auto Zone etc or Dorman the so-called replacements are not the correct size or format. Reason Richard had it made from his massive collection of original parts.

Denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thanks for the replies guys. I ordered one from Kirban, and a new trans mount and up-pipe too. :)