PBO Fall Fest Phoenix Nov 28

Applekrate

Hi,
My name is Steve Barcak and I am hosting the 1st annual PBO Fall Fest meet at Speedworld Dragstrip on Sat Nov 28th.
I am looking to reach more Buick owners who may be interested in attending. Also looking for event sponsors too.

The PBO Fall Fest will feature 4 race brackets, parts exchange and car show.

Open to all years and models of Buicks, Pontiacs and Olds.
gates open at 8am
a web page has been started just for this event too pbofallfest.org
as of now-
bracket 1 electronics
bracket 2 no electronics, everything else
bracket 3 no electronics, everything else except must use DOT tires
bracket 4 same as bracket 3 but just trophy

possible index classes if their is enough interest too

general admission is $15 for spectators.
Free car show entry OR swap space entry with admission for this first time event

Racing-
Brackets 1-3 is $50
Bracket 4 (trophy) is $30
Racers, this is the total fee to race- car and driver. There is no additional gate or entry fee. you only pay once to get in.

There has not been an event like this in the Phx area in 20 years. I would appreciate very much your supporting this event and help to make it grow.

questions? comments? email me direct at steve@pontiacheaven.org or post here or call me 480-899-7873

finally, a 2nd annual PBO Fall Fest Date has been set on Nov 13, 2010
thank you

Steve
Hosting-
Pontiac/Buick/Olds FALL FEST Sat Nov 28, 2009 Phoenix
pbofallfest.org
8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! April 11, 2010 Phoenix
nostalgicshowandgo.org

isnt this the same weekend that the wcn is going to be at speedworld? if so, im sure theres going to be plenty of turbo cars there, as well as some older iron :D

buickbert

isnt this the same weekend that the wcn is going to be at speedworld? if so, im sure theres going to be plenty of turbo cars there, as well as some older iron :D

buickbert

Yes, that is the plan. I had a nice meeting with Nick and the turbo cars are most welcome to enter into the PBO Fall Fest!
It will be a lot of fun having Buicks, Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles parked together in the show area, having available parts swap spaces and bracket racing. In index class is under consideration too.
There will still be the Turbo buick racing on Sunday as scheduled.

Steve
480-899-7873
pbofallfest.org

What kind of payout in the brackets ?

Silver T- The track is handling the payouts for this first event. I will check with the manager to see what they will be and post them. of course, the larger the turnout, the more payout.
thanks for your question.
Also- Looking for sponsors for this event.

Steve
480-899-7873
pbofallfest.org

JMO, a payout needs to be determined before the event takes place. Most 'racers' will not enter a event not knowing what they are running for.

im interested in bringing Fear, but not for index classes. I would like to see a heads up class for the 8 sec cars, or a outlaw drag radial class with stock suspension cars only. Just need a fastest car class you know. Thanks

Sponsers

I guess you are running the WCN buick event this year, will there be any heads up classes for the turbo cars this year?

I would like to put up some money for a heads up outlaw class if possible, Sponsered by Xtreme Motorsports, my company here in Tempe, AZ.

Give us a call at the Shop 480-517-4969, ask for Jan or Scott.

ill be there probably just on saturday. ill stand out as having the worst looking gn there:biggrin:

tim "old pueblo" is going also, hopefully his skylarks new rear axle is done in time

buickbert

Wcn

hopefully both me and my dad (spunbearing) will be there its all on if we can make a lil money before then as usual lol

If anyone will be attending the Good Guys meet this weekend, I have a swap space selling a few parts and promoting the Fall Fest. Stop by and say hello, space 208.

The dash plaques and award plaques are on the way. Event t shirts will be ready on Tues.
I'll be at Speedworld setting up Fri to have everything ready for sat morning. The weather looks good too.
thank you,

Steve

Hosting-
Pontiac/Buick/Olds FALL FEST Sat Nov 28, 2009 Speedworld Phoenix
PBO Fall Fest
8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! April 11, 2010 Speedworld Phoenix
www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

2nd annual Pontiac/Buick/Olds FALL FEST Sat Nov 13, 2010 Speedworld Phoenix

ill be there probably just on saturday. ill stand out as having the worst looking gn there:biggrin:

tim "old pueblo" is going also, hopefully his skylarks new rear axle is done in time

buickbert

We have a driver/project class too if you wish to enter the show.

Steve
Hosting-
PBO Fall Fest

im interested in bringing Fear, but not for index classes. I would like to see a heads up class for the 8 sec cars, or a outlaw drag radial class with stock suspension cars only. Just need a fastest car class you know. Thanks

I am happy to set up most any type of class as long as we can have 8 cars commit to entering it. Otherwise, we need to have brackets to accomodate everyone. I am sure you can understand. We need car count to have more classes.
Let's see how this first event goes and I will set up next years event to also accomodate what cars can run in what class.
I've had had 2 people contact me on a fast heads up or index class and that is not enough as you know.

thank you,

Steve

Hosting-
PBO Fall Fest

Speedworld has just contacted me and they will not be open on Sunday. The PBO Fall Fest is this Saturday plus, there will be Sat night street drags.

Much info on event web page
Looking forward to seeing and meeting you all this Saturday!
Thank you for your support.

Steve Barcak
pbofallfest.org
480-899-7873

Are you serious? So no racing Friday night or Sunday. WTF happened this year? Ugh. This sucks major ass. Nick, is this true for our event as well?

I had lunch with Nick over a month back and thought is was decided to combine the Fall Fest with the Turbop Buick group. I've ordered event dash plaques, t shirts and award plaques too the the Pontiac/Buick/Olds event.

We hope you all decide to run with us. You are most welcome and will be an important part of the event representing Buicks.
Gates open at 8am Sat.

sorry about Sunday. I had no control over it.

Steve
Hosting-
Pontiac/Buick/Olds FALL FEST Sat Nov 28, 2009 Phoenix
PBO Fall Fest
8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! April 11, 2010 Phoenix

Well, I'm offically pissed off. I know you nor nick have control over this. However the track should hear about this. We had 2 not one 2 major events happening that weekend. Now with that being said you would think they would keep it open for us on suunday since this has been planed and schedule for sometime now. This has also cost me $$$$, I just had my brother tow the toy box trailer out for the event since I figured it would be a Friday - Sunday event. I then found out no racing on Friday and I can deal with that. Now no racing on Sunday WTF? If I would have know this I wouldn't have waisted all the money on towing the trailer out and getting it running. I would have just towed both cars up and that's it instead of making several trips. Anyways sorry for the rant but this is BS

Well, I'm offically pissed off. I know you nor nick have control over this. However the track should hear about this. We had 2 not one 2 major events happening that weekend. Now with that being said you would think they would keep it open for us on suunday since this has been planed and schedule for sometime now. This has also cost me $$$$, I just had my brother tow the toy box trailer out for the event since I figured it would be a Friday - Sunday event. I then found out no racing on Friday and I can deal with that. Now no racing WTF? If I would have know this I would have waisted all the money on towing the trailer out and getting it running. I would have just towed both cars up and that's it instead of making several trips. Anyways sorry for the rant but this is BS

No problem with the want, you have a right to be annoyed. You can still come out Friday. I will be there setting up for Saturdays event.
If you wish to call the track office, their number is 623-388-0039 Talk to Victoria or Bernie. They are very nice people so please be courteous.

We'll make the best of Saturday. I have bracket classes and can set up heads up stuff too if there are enough cars for it.
If you want to make test passes, or pair up against another specific car, i will accomodate you.
Whatever I can do to make Sat more enjoyable, let me know and I'll do it if I can.

This new event has a lot of potential for all of us whether we are Buick, Pontiac or Olds. We need an annual event like this and I want to make it the best.

Remember too, next years is already scheduled for November 13, 2010

I need everyones support to make this fly. Not sure if anyone can realize how much time i have put into this so far. it'll be good and the weather looks wonderful too. Let's make the best of it.
Steve
480-899-7873
Hosting-
Saturday, November 28, 2009 1st annual PBO Fall Fest Phoenix PBO Fall Fest
Sunday April 11, 2010 8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! Phoenix www.nostalgicshowandgo.org
Saturday November 13, 2010 2nd annual PBO Fall Fest Phoenix PBO Fall Fest