Paxton headers big problem!

77tech9

Extreme Huffer
Postons headers big problem!

P1010095.JPG

I just noticed this today when replacing my spark plugs. There's a really tiny crack. BAD right? So could i fix this by just welding again. These are paxton headers with ceramic coating and i'm not sure how this happened, it must have been this way when I bought the car.

Anyone have a website / e-mail for postons? I can't even find a phone number anywhere.

Yah it took it to the track and it ran a 15.1 (wow). Actaully it almost beat this 2001 mustang.

I knew something was wrong with the turbo, it wouldn't get enough spool to burnout even. It's a small leak, so I can get 15 psi, but it takes a while to spool so i'm losing a lot of performance in 2 places.

Thanks for all the help, but i'm going to pull both headers and try and fix all the leaks now that I know a small leak can affect the performance that much. I don't want to mess with poston and try and get a replacement just yet.

Call Postons before you mess with the headers. Once you touch them they might not want to help. Postons are great people and stand behind what they sell. Also have you ever tried to weld coated headers?
take it from me call them , they will hook you up.

Steve

call em for a replacement

it almost looks like the actual weld broke, that sucks

Well my friend is a very good welder, he owns a shop and I had him look at it and he said that it's just from stress from the car.

New headers would be great, but if it does it again why bother. I'll just take these out and have him weld them for less then the price of shipping these back.

If you use a TIG welder after grinding the ceramic off it should be fine.

Also, welds usually never break ON the weld, always after them where the metal is thin. I'll try this and let you know how it goes, i really dont want to go wih postons because these were on the car when I got it, and who knows how long ago that was.

Thats exactly where mine cracked , Call them up they will replace them at no charge and give a lifetime warranty , I think they knew about some of the problems but are doing the right thing by standing behind them.

Anyone run a THDP with these headers? I have a 3" downpipe now but it's stock elbow. Should I get ported elbow or is it worth it for THDP? I'll need a wastegate then?

A THDP will work fine with those headers and it's only made with an internal wastegate so no need to purchase an external.