Parting Out 87 Turbo T (T-Top)

Thanks for clearing that up Prasad. I will have door panel pics no later than tommorow. Prasad I sent pics to your hotmail account.

Originally posted by REGL8R
Thanks for clearing that up Prasad. I will have door panel pics no later than tommorow. Prasad I sent pics to your hotmail account.
Can you update what parts are left...

what is happening with the body
Any motor or trans

Sold- Wheel well moldings
Sale pending money order-
Timing Chain
Stock MAF
Rear Bumper fillers
Stock Heads

As for the body, steering is messed up. Doors are off as well as lid, hood, fenders. Rear end is still but could take it out. Engine and trans are coming out either this weekend or next.

Engine will most likely be taken apart completley.
Block was supposdly rebuilt before I bought it, I question that only because I had to replace things like water pump, intake gaskets because of leaks. I also installed 214/214 cam. Stock intake, just installed waterpump, stock everything else.

I also installed Champion ported irons that have less that 5000 miles on them. I would like 900 for them which includes ARP head bolts.

Tranny was rebuilt by the previous owner at Dynotech, it is a Freddy Brown transmission? I have no clue on the build date but it always shifted very firm for me in all gears. $750 - One item I may end up keeping.

Rear end- Not sure if it was a stock posi, but previous owner replaced whatever it had with a brand new eaton posi. Left DARK long black marks, :).

As for everything else in the engine bay. The only other real nice piece is a higher output alternator with a black fan.

I am not sure how quickly I will be able to get these items off the car, but if you really want a part let me know and I will hold it as long as we have a solid deal.

Let me know if anyone has ANY questions and I will get back to you A.S.A.P.

Hello again,
I tried to send you a few reply emails but they keep on bouncing back.

Anyway my offer for the slightly used black carpet is $60 shipped.
I can not use the liner because I need one for a solid roof car.

Thanks

If u still have the mass air flow w/translator and they work fine im interested in both.Thanx.

Sorry I can't take the 60 shipped for the carpet because shipping would kill and I have not decided what carpet (gray or black) for my next project so I might as well hang on to it.

Yes , trans and MAF are still available.

Don't know whats wrong with the email, I'll try and delete some stuff.

timing chain

Money order for timing chain to go out tomorrow.

Door panels pics have been sent Blown and injected. I do have a stock turbo oil drain tube, $30 shipped.

Finally got the pics down loaded. Even on dial up, AOL is not bad except for a few hours per day when it gets busy, then you can't tell how long the system will let ya stay connected - sometimes just a few minutes. :mad:

ANYWAY:

Those things look just like GN panels - so what gives?

I like what I could see, it was hard to see detail - If you had to grade the panels from 0% = they are currently on fire to 100%
What would be your estimate?
And
can you estimate shipping to 20904 because if they are clean, I would like to get them.

Thanks

EDIT>> My panels have wear where one would rest thier left elbow near where door lock knob and have a slight leak near the front of the right side so the backing is a bit warped - at about 40% they are shot eventhough most of the fabric is still very good.

I would grade the passenger side somewhere between 80-85%, considering 100 is mint, no issues there. The driver side has a little discoloration towards where the hinge on the door is, rusty discoloration. If you look for it in the picture you can see it somewhat. That along with a minor burn mark from the last owners cigarette right above where the pull straps would be is the reason I would give that side closer to 65-70%.

Thanks for the grade because my 17" Envision monitor is of even lower quality than my ISP.

I really could not see any rust spot or burn spot in the pics sent. Sorry to ask so many questions but I am trying to decide which way to go since I noticed the new panels offered by Michael McCoy in the advertiser specials. Let me know what you want including shipping to 20904 - or even make me an offer for just the uppers.

Thanks again,

Steering wheel ?

Do you still have the Steering Wheel ? Good shape?

Thanks!
Jason

Eric, I went to UPS.com and picked several different Chicago zips and they all yielded the same results = $27 using an estimate of 48" x 24" x 12" and 20 or 25 lbs.

How about $100 delivered for the panels?

timing chain

Got the timing chain today,exactly as described and shipped fast too!