part # req'd for bgc 3" downpipe

snzuloz

not so senior member
looking for part # for puck that goes between elbow and downpipe for the bowling green customs stainless 3" system. any help would be much appreciated ( i know that it was originally a ford part just need the number).

thanks a lot (tried the search and couldn't find anything) your a big help, much appreciated.:cool:

If you get a chance, post the part number and where you purchased it from in this link so the next person can see a updated link as to where to buy it.

Thanks for fixing him up Patrick :cool:

BW

I posted the part number in the link. Its Ford part number C3TZ-5C211-A . The last time I checked it was still available. There was a thread awhile back and somebody said it was discontined but I checked one of those on-line Ford dealers and it was still in the system. Maybe one of the Ford guys could verify this? The problem I had was the minute I rattled off that part number everybody was to lazy to type it in. The usuall reply was " I can tell you there aint no more part numbers starting with the letter C in the parts books" WTF? I guess Ford aint like GM and Chrysler.:confused:

i've checked with the ford dealers here in Canada and the parts been discontinued and no signs of any stock anywhere:( trying to find one thru aftermarket sources at the moment, will post if i find some. maybe someone could check the U.S. stock and see if there are any still available. not finding to many leads to aquire one so far.

I just checked with my buddy over at Ford. They are discontinued and he checked the locators and nobody is sitting on them either.

Here's how I came about getting mine. I was google'ng exhaust catalogs and ran across an outfit in Iowa that did exhaust work on school buses and big trucks. They had one in stock. When I recieved it, it had that Ford part number on it so I'm assuming thats where this place was buying them from. Sorry I dont have the name of the muffler shop that sold me mine.

thanks for the update, trying to do the google thing but no luck so far. what a bummer trying to find something so simple as an exhaust donut. if anybody finds some please let me know i'll take at least three. thanks for the help

Necro thread bump

I started my car for the first time since tearing it all apart. Unfortunately, my BGC 3" downpipe is leaking really bad around the donut gasket. Google hardly even has results for the Ford C3TZ-5C211-A part number so this may be a tricky one to cross reference. Does anybody have a trick to sourcing these? Should I try copper spraying the original gasket? It's looking like I may have no other choice if I want to keep this downpipe.

1681688415016.png

Walker catalog was a no go. 3" is not available in any thickness.
1681742028952.png

So I dug a little deeper and found the national stock number. It seems that unless you're a big company wanting to supply a large quantity, you will not be able to get anyone to make this gasket for you.
1681741734267.png

For now, I think copper spray on the original gasket will have to do. While it's still dry, I might see if my machinist buddy can copy it out of a sold chunk of copper. I would have to supply the material myself though.

Phil Griffith the originator of ATR, showed me a trick for sealing the ball flanges on a stock header.
He used thin copper foil like is on computer boards, ribbon connectors.
Not sure where one would get some of that...
I just bought his headers and didn't try it.

I took my old donut gasket to a muffler shop and found one that works. I don't have the part number though.

Phil Griffith the originator of ATR, showed me a trick for sealing the ball flanges on a stock header.
He used thin copper foil like is on computer boards, ribbon connectors.
Not sure where one would get some of that...
I just bught his headers and didn't try it.