Parasitic draw

Pull the bezel off, then 4 screws, pull the radio out unplug it, usually 3 plugs and the antenna cable, check current draw again, if still there then check the lighter socket and wire next since it's now easy to inspect next to the radio location.

Also it's much easier to see if an external alarm or other additional gauge etc. wiring has been added to these always powered circuits without the radio in place.

Should take an hour tops, maybe an extra half hour if all the bezel clips disappear into the dash...

Pull the bezel off, then 4 screws, pull the radio out unplug it, usually 3 plugs and the antenna cable, check current draw again, if still there then check the lighter socket and wire next since it's now easy to inspect next to the radio location.

Also it's much easier to see if an external alarm or other additional gauge etc. wiring has been added to these always powered circuits without the radio in place.

Should take an hour tops, maybe an extra half hour if all the bezel clips disappear into the dash...
Does anyone know if the original battery ground cable has fuseable link in it? Thanks Dennis

Well i wanted to post an update. I found the ground wire from battery that runs to head of engine was melted due laying against
header. I also disconnected the lighter. I think i found the draw, I will report back when i feel i fixed it. Dennis

Well i wanted to post an update. I found the ground wire from battery that runs to head of engine was melted due laying against
header. I also disconnected the lighter. I think i found the draw, I will report back when i feel i fixed it. Dennis
The cause of my parasitic draw was caused by some wiring put in by the last owner. When i unpluged it draw went away. Thanks Dennis