Paranoid when taking TR out

Gunmetal87

Anyone else get paranoid when cruising their Turbo Regals?
Final got TR out of storage, went for a cruise and gas station for air.
Was filling tires and guy walks up and asks question about car. If it's a Grand National or Regal - I say it's just a Regal and go back to filling tires. He asks if I modified it, I say it's stock and finish up with the tires. So he says I want to wait and see you start it and fidles with his cell phone.
Call me paranoid but I didn't small talk and just left. Wasn't sure what he was doing with his phone.

This has happened in the past, when filling up gas - strangers would come up and ask about the car.

Thats why you should carry a gun. When they ask a question bend down like your checking your tire and make sure the gun is showing. They will walk away knowing they aren't getting that car. The cell phone is his way to remember the plate number and then they know where you live.

Not everyone out there is a criminal, that's a little far fetch saying everyone is trying to take a picture of your plates.

Unfortunately in these days with cameras in everyone's pockets alot of people assume it's ok to take pictures of anything they see without asking permission first.

Just think of it like a form of paparazzi that anyone who drives a nice car has to put up with.

Anyone else get paranoid when cruising their Turbo Regals?
Final got TR out of storage, went for a cruise and gas station for air.
Was filling tires and guy walks up and asks question about car. If it's a Grand National or Regal - I say it's just a Regal and go back to filling tires. He asks if I modified it, I say it's stock and finish up with the tires. So he says I want to wait and see you start it and fidles with his cell phone.
Call me paranoid but I didn't small talk and just left. Wasn't sure what he was doing with his phone.

This has happened in the past, when filling up gas - strangers would come up and ask about the car.

Don't put your guard down but being so paranoid can't be good for your mental state. My car is ugly as shit but it gets a lot of attention being a 60s car. you'll be surprised at how many cool people i have met just BSng at a gas station.
Keep the info basic
Q- Is it fast
A- Not really
Q- whats in it?
A- A BS V6
Q- How does it run?
A- Ok but having issues.
Most conversations go the route of -- I had one, my friend had one, my father had one, Blah blah blah .

alot of people assume it's ok to take pictures of anything they see without asking permission first

Welcome to America where it is legal to take all the photos you want of whatever you want in public places (excluding situations of national security or "reasonable privacy" (i.e bathroom, dressing room, up ladies' skirts). It may get your dandruff up but it doesn't change someone's rights.

chopped39 said:
Thats why you should carry a gun. When they ask a question bend down like your checking your tire and make sure the gun is showing. They will walk away knowing they aren't getting that car. The cell phone is his way to remember the plate number and then they know where you live.

Carry a gun yes..Brand your gun? No lol.

In Indianapolis about a week ago a man was shot twice at a gas station and his 1977 Buick Electra 225 was stolen. There is nothing wrong with being cautious of people. There are a lot of people out there who want to take what you have and are willing to get it at all cost.

Trust is something that is earned and strangers haven't earned any of mine!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have many folks asking waaay too many ??'s about my 55. If I don't know you, I get VERY "standoffish". Especially, when the ??'s get to "where do you live?, etc." And, yes they may well see the Glock 40 on my belt..Don't like it, tuff shyt.
So many cars are boosted around Atl, that it's not even safe in your own yard!
My neighbor had his '14 Honda boosted while he was cutting his yard!:eek:
They got caught,, were found to be in a chop shop/gang.
He left his gun ON THE SEAT, KEYS IN THE IGN. The jacker used it to force he and his son to run into the woods, so they could get away...How stupid is that!!:rolleyes:
The jacker stated they hit the country folks as they tend to leave keys in, and doors unlocked.:confused:
DON'T leave your weapon in the vehicle when you are not!!

John Wayne was right!

Nice part of living where the gun laws allow us to pack...Not in some chikenshyt place like NY, IL, etc...:D

Chuck Leeper said:
Huh?? If it's holstered, it's not being "branded"...o_O

Well depending on state. If you get a jackass cop, they could give you trouble about not keeping it concealed. But yeah I never leave the house without my Glock30. Matter of fact I'm at a car show right now with it :)

Get this :)

Attachments

• image-2704756593.jpg
    image-2704756593.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 214
  • image-2737149376.jpg
    image-2737149376.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 201
How they find out where you live by your license plate?

Your obviously not a criminal. Did you ever watch gone in 60 seconds? A lot of people laugh when they watch that movie and say can you imagine if people can do that stuff .The big problem is the things they were using in that movie were outdated. Technology is a muther phucker and it just going to get worse. Just make sure you have agreed upon insurance. If someone wants your car they will get it.There are professional thieves out there that are hacking and stealing all the time.They come up with new stuff like everyone else that is into their job. Sucks but it is true

I am also worried about many questions but also jerkoff drivers on the road. Having the agreed upon ins is great but thinking about the countless hours spent and just gone due to someone else is scary.. but as the saying goes if they want it bad enough they will take it. You can only hopefully slow them down..

Jeff

You really don't see many of TR's on the road anymore. I get more protective usually around the younger generation and shady characters that ask too many questions and if I want to sell.
I'll BS about the car with certain people but it's the way they approach. I guess its just a feel for some people who seem more legit.

I won't say if I do or don't but I will say it takes some self control to carry a gun. :confused: :D

And you don't ever pull a gun unless your going to use it..

TurboBuRick said:
And you don't ever pull a gun unless your going to use it..

X2. Last resort. Just make sure no one follows you home to see where you live so they can come back later and steal it.

We've got a bunch of old dudes with collector cars in the area. Most of the time if you approach then they're happy to talk to you about it. Now if I was in DFW and my car was running it would have a pistol in the glove box and try not to stop somewhere for gas that I wasn't sure of.;) I've actually had 1 guy pull up to the gate with a tow dolly and try to get the 82 GN. He swore that "someone" in town sold it to him and when the pistol came out he realized he'd he made a mistake.:D Haven't seen the truck or the guy around for a while so my best guess is that he figured out that most of us out here shoot if there's an questions about what's going on.:cool: