Paging East Coast Help - Modified GN - Otto, Cotton, Kash, ???...

GNregistry

Hi, my name is Brett Wallace.
I have 87 GN (GNX Clone Project - running good, can be driven)
I wanna drive it like I stole it... a beast for the street
I need help tuning, tweaking, adding parts where needed...
oh yeah I need to upgrade to heated O2 sensor
Bolt On parts listed in signature, if not listed, it has been removed for better upgrades due to limited space in signature...

Oh yeah... I have cash, credit card, parts to sell, trade, barter, whatever it takes to acquire everything needed to complete my GNX Clone project and running smooth, fast as lightening, yet always street driven...

the top ten things to do any turbo regal... been done...

WILLING TO DRIVE it to your shop, location... work me into your schedule...
I am located in Auburn, Maine, about 4 hours from Cotton and Otto... if anything I can stay over night whatever, if more than one day is needed or can be done in 2 days... anything else we can talk about it...

Thank You

I can't explain it all here
but it was running great in Wisconsin May 2010, then I drove to Maine and got bitten by bad fuel 91 octane only available, then immediately after one tank in Maine, I went to 110 Octane Jet fuel avail at the pump at the local airport, kinda cool driving up to airport pump to fuel up my Grand National... back to the street... only one tank of jet fuel, have about 5 gallons of fuel left in it,
June 2010 Car running great up to 10 pounds of boost, anything over is doggin'
in May 2010 on 93 octane - boost was good up to 20 pounds - NO knock....
I have been holding back on driving it the way I love to drive it, like I stole it!!!
Last year at Bowling Green it ran 13.2 @105 on street tires stop n go, no turbo boost, slow 60 foot... added DR... then turbo gauge tube popped off.. fast forward to today June 2010

=======
GOAL for this year or next or in the next cpl months for GS Nats/Reynolds:
daily driver street driven drag strip, show car gnx clone for 11's, maybe 10's if I can get there with few more mods this summer or next, plus I have plans to upgrade to GNX dash from Paul Castle, then add GNX Vents, GNX Flares, but I gotta be able to drive it - no trailer, 15 mpg is acceptable on street tires with option for drag radials, etc.... better fuel MPG should be another goal, also has stock tranny, stock rear end plus HR parts UCA/LCA, Sway Bar, Air Bags...
=======

reply here or
text or call
920-279-5466

Couple pics

Here are some pics -
Check out youtube video to see engine and tour of car in 2009

Attachments

• DSC01073.jpg
    DSC01073.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 733
  • DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 748
  • DSC01053.jpg
    DSC01053.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 742
Airplane Fuel

Here are some pics -
Check out youtube video to see engine and tour of car in 2009

That fuel you got at the airport burns very dry , it will burn your pistons up. When I UESED to burn it I always ran a lead attics in with the fuel , like STP makes some. Try to stay away from that fuel. It's made to burn at a high alt. not high speed lol. Sounds like you need to change plugs and get some good 93/110/116 . How I know this , I live right beside the local airport. Good luck ps might want to check your injecters also

Aviation fuel is a different specific gravity compared to off-road or DOT "pump" gasoline, it is not wise to "play" with fuels unless you understand the differences and potential consequences, engines tuned for a 11.5 to 1 A/F mixture on race or pump gasoline can easily find themselves at 13.5 and leaner just by switching fuels. Lean and mean does run clean, but too lean will get ugly very quick, good luck.

Kevin.

Brett call the shop tomorrow morn sometime,i have to run to Rhode Island in the am then to Hartford and back.
I will try to remember to forward my shop phone when i stop to
grab my truck in the am
203-301-4206

The airport in Turner sells straight 93 with no crap in it.I beleive that its going to take more than a couple of days to get done what you want.If you need a ride back from where ever you decide to leave it I can follow you down and give you a ride back.I have nothing better to do.Welcome to the neighborhood.

buick gn tuner

i just had a bunch of mods and tune from otto's performance done to my lightly modded gn and it cranks now. i think you will be very happy. check out my post on what he did for me in the member introductions. good luck..........

Update Slowly

Thank YOU...

I only added different fuel going across country, except in Maine the junk at 91 octane is still junk, my car craves 93 straight... and is best at 20 pounds boost no knock... on 93 octane

1. Stock 02 sensor 1987 - May 2010
2. May 5, 2010 Updated 02 single wire sensor from stock 02.
Drove to Maine and began to ran like crap, turned boost down to prevent knock by accelerating on the street...

3. Aug 3, 2010 I Replaced Single Wire 02 with Heated 02 from Casper...
cleaned K&N Filter... still using stock MAF...

4. CC on scanmaster are MORE sluggish cycling through than the replaced 02 from May 5, 2010...

Aug 6 - boost is above 16 and no knock..
where can I test above 15 pounds of boost...
not sure I want to go to track becuz not sure I will get the tune right enuff to use the full track if you know what I mean...

something is wrong with the 02 and fuel... it is simple and it is not complicated at this point... I haven't added new parts or modified anything yet... My stock 103,000 mile 02 was GREAT, I wanted to replace 02 becuz that needed to be replaced, yet looking back, it ran better used then a new 02 never used...

Is my new 02 sensor bad again?

Repeat -- my car is a beast for the street... 0-15 pounds of boost is killer for the street... on a V6 Turbo...

over 15 pounds of boost and over the speed limit is where it needs attention!

Thank You!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to get it tuned before end of summer and my trip to GS Nationals Oct and Reynolds in November....

OH YEAH - Should I bring some FRESH Maine Lobstah for the cookout in Bowling Green - since I will be driving my 87 GNX Clone... or bring some to Reynolds as well...

Brett Wallace

Denso o2 Sensor

Hi Brett,

Don't know if your 02 sensor has taken a crap or not, but I've had best results using a Denso 02 sensor. Cheap and easy to change over, so it can't hurt.

Got mine from Glen at Highway Stars (Highway Stars Buick Grand National Parts Home Page).

Is your MAF giving you proper AF numbers? A great performing upgrade would be to install an LS1 / LT1 MAF Sensor and MAF translator. Very reliable and less $ to replace the MAF should you ever need to.

Good Luck chasing your gremlins! Hope you get it sorted out soon.

dave

Saturday UPDATE Aug 7...

02 Sensor is good...
TT Chip and CC on Scanmaster with Heated 02 by Casper connected to EGR don't work together, so 02 appear sluggish... used tech 1... all is good with 02

INT is normal 128
BLM on 3 different 02 sensors were always 115... maybe 117... 98% mostly 115!!!

To Do List...Replace:
Spark Plugs -
Ignition Coil/Gasket
Spark Plug Wires (2 yrs old - bad)
PCV
Add Hot Wire Kit
Add Billet Vac Block
Change Oil
Verify Fuel Pressure
===============
TEST....

uodated photo with better camera

hoist view Aug 3... GNX trunk Emblem
3" SS Dual Exhaust, GNX Rear Cover, HR Sway Bar, Upper & Lower CA, Front Mount Intercooler

Attachments

• DSC1757_8_04_2010_GNX_HoistView.jpg
    DSC1757_8_04_2010_GNX_HoistView.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 400
BTW - here is picture of my excuse

for not enuff time for my car during July...
new puppy female great dane blue merle - small pony...
5 months old August 1

Attachments

• DSC01714.jpg
    DSC01714.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 404
93 OCTANE NOT AVAIL in MAINE

OK

lucky for me I figured out bad fuel quality in Maine caused havoc to my grand national working correctly, then found local airport with non lead 93...

as of today, 93 pump tank closed...
now back to reality

is this a clue to sell my car since I can't fill it up with fuel...
I wanted daily driver... but looks like I'll have to trailer it...

Funny... I was looking at that next... tonight after my post.

I have that on my list "to do" and call tomorrow...

So did you get all those things done like the coilpack etc that Al recommended? You can just run the 91 with alky. You won't be able to run the same boost that you could with 93 but is should be pretty damn good anyway...

Better suggestion Move to NH where we have 93. :D

Alky is the way to go & a good Turbo tweak chip for alky