PAC controller location

CHARGED

Finishing up the install and don't see anything in the instructions for a good place to mount the PAC controller box. Where did you guys mount that and the main box that turns the system on and fine tunes it, any creative installs?
Pics are helpfull on the creative installs..
There used to be install pics on his website but don't see them anymore.
Thanks..

I have ours between the radio pod and the instrument pad ... down low seeing we really don't mess with it :cool:

and on the 87 , using supplied velcro i installed it to the right of the steering column just under the dash , real easy to reach to adjust and depress the test button but out of the way enough that it is hard to see it

I put mine where Grumpy recommends. Fits in there by pressure. Looks nice there too.

Jason

Above the radio.

Attachments

• scanmaster.jpg
    scanmaster.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 275
so your not concerned about knock ?? :confused: or do you wait for it to go "boom" :eek:

Same way i always think when i see em down there! If they wanna not see knock or move their eyes all over the car when tryin to look at boost, and knock and o2's then the road, hey it's their car. If they blow it up, too bad, so sad. :D

so your not concerned about knock ?? :confused: or do you wait for it to go "boom" :eek:

I do my best to tune the car for no knock. With alky, I've gotten to the point of "set it and forget it". Same tune for the street and track. If I have to watch the scanmaster all the time for knock, then I believe I haven't done a good job tuning the car. If I'm driving balls-to-the-wall, I think it's best to watch where I'm going.:eek: Besides, I'm of the opinion that when scanmaster registers the knock, it's too late. It just happened. I use the scanmaster for tuning and troubleshooting as applicable.

Knock on wood....Maybe I've been lucky or I haven't ridden' the edge long and hard enough, but after 17yrs and ~175,000 miles of GN driving and a few hundred passes, I've never grenaded my motor.

I like the clean "looks like it belongs there" look for my car. :)

1987 Grand National -> 11.81@117.8mph...93+alky thru the cat w/ a TA49

Your times are encouraging, they're pretty much my goal. I have a TA49 as well. Not cat anymore, but a funky two muffler setup now... Don't ask me, ask Grumpy :D. Alky kit's on the way, woot woot ! :D

Not cat anymore, but a funky two muffler setup now... Don't ask me, ask Grumpy :D. Alky kit's on the way, woot woot ! :D

that prob doesn't work !!! I'd sell it .. Melissa and her mother ran mid 11's@ 118 for years with that POS downpipe :p