PA emissions testing

Tom87GNX

I was just viewing a thread and decided to start a new thread to clear up any confusion about PA emission testing for our cars. I'm sure this will help all the fellow TR guys in PA, our cars being 1987 and older are not required to be tested on the dyno for emissions, our cars are required to have a visual and gas cap check only. This applies to all cars 1987 and older. With that being said cars 1988 to 1995 are still required to be dyno tested. Every year another year gets bumped from the list (next year 1989 to 1995 require testing etc). This info is 100% accurate, I know since I'm a PA certified emissions inspector. You can also check the state emission website for yourself. www.drivecleanpa.state.pa.us/

Hope this clears up any confusion. Feel free to ask me any questions if anyone may have any.......

Tom87GNX said:
I was just viewing a thread and decided to start a new thread to clear up any confusion about PA emission testing for our cars. I'm sure this will help all the fellow TR guys in PA, our cars being 1987 and older are not required to be tested on the dyno for emissions, our cars are required to have a visual and gas cap check only. This applies to all cars 1987 and older. With that being said cars 1988 to 1995 are still required to be dyno tested. Every year another year gets bumped from the list (next year 1989 to 1995 require testing etc). This info is 100% accurate, I know since I'm a PA certified emissions inspector. You can also check the state emission website for yourself. www.drivecleanpa.state.pa.us/

Hope this clears up any confusion. Feel free to ask me any questions if anyone may have any.......

Interesting my car called for the star test and was still thrown on the dyno although I did notice the gas cap test which I'd never seen done before or maybe I didn't notice...... ? So why was my car thrown on the dyno? Just wondering I drive an 85. By the way

What state are you in? The info I posted is for Pennsylvania. Other states have their own emissions programs.

Tom87GNX said:
What state are you in? The info I posted is for Pennsylvania. Other states have their own emissions programs.

Haha ok make sense I'm from Cali so I guess that doesn't apply to me oops