P C V oil catch can

4 Sale
I found this and thought I could modify it to work on my Turbo T. I have it on my LS2 and it works great, keeps the PCV working and keeps the oil out.
It was originally a corvette piece, then the GTO web site found them and put them on back order for three weeks, they are now in stock and now they have blue along with red, silver and black. I went with black.

LS1GTO.com Forums - Best Catch Can Ever!!!!!!!

Attachments

• nubluE2cc 001a.JPG
    nubluE2cc 001a.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 4,455
  • nubluE2cc 003a.JPG
    nubluE2cc 003a.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 3,788
I have the same one on my car. It came from Accurate Machine Works and I mounted it to the turbo bracket where the cover bolt holes are. No cover on my car but the product works great. Just turn the pet-**** on the bottom to drain into a small cup.

I saw those back around 2000 but didn't know if anyone with a TR ran them.

Supposedly they increase performance by keeping things cleaner???

How often do you have to drain them?

I saw those back around 2000 but didn't know if anyone with a TR ran them.

Supposedly they increase performance by keeping things cleaner???

How often do you have to drain them?

My dad has driven an LC2 car over 200k miles without one and the car still runs great...I'm not sure if they increase performance though. It looks like a nice piece. He runs this...http://www.psmbuick.com/products_spcvv.asp

Jason

So it looks like we don't use our PCV valve?!?

There are a lot of good things said about the first link.

You keep the PCV, this goes between the PCV and the throttle body.
Crankcase vapors are drawn from the intake valley and invariably bring oil mist up in to the intake then the combustion chamber and cause detonation, carbon build up and more. This catch can goes between the PCV and the throttle body and acts as a seperator for the oil to collect in, allowing vapor to be drawn in with out oil contamination. The can holds at least 8 oz but you drain it before that:) The bottom half unscrews and the oil can be dumped or returned to the crankcase.

I've installed the pvc check valve in my 86 and my 87. If I bought one of these I could just relocate the check valve upstream of the can and everything should work great, right?

I've installed the pvc check valve in my 86 and my 87. If I bought one of these I could just relocate the check valve upstream of the can and everything should work great, right?
Exactly, it is just an oil separator. It won't effect the design of the PCV, just enhance it's effectiveness. My friend is putting his check valve between the TB and the can to prevent boost from entering the can, though the can is designed to handle forced induction.

Looks like a perfect copy of the AMW unit, must be doing something right.;)

Pretty close copy. Mine has a drain valve on the bottom, I use a small cup to catch the oil. PCV valve and check valve are in place as well. I think I bought mine about 3? years ago.

When I order and install mine i will post some pics of it. Dont hold your breath though, i have a nasty habit of ordering parts and keeping them for a while first, :biggrin: Actually, i will installed this one before th UPS Guy even gets off my street. I get oil film on my TB and there is nothing more embarrassing then starting your car at the track and the little puff of smoke comes off like a 1982 chevy whatever:wink: After having this explained to me I feel this will eliminate this problem and i cant wait to try it out.

got mine on ebay works awesome glad i had one on because i blew a headgasket and it was 3/4 fill with antifreeze. couldnt imagine all that going into my throttle body:eek: can u say HYDROLOCK!!!!! BENT ROD????? OR VALVE????

. Dont hold your breath though, i have a nasty habit of ordering parts and keeping them for a while first, :biggrin: .

Understatement of the year:biggrin:
Yeah, I have a habit of finding parts then not ordering them for a while:redface:

I found this and thought I could modify it to work on my Turbo T. I have it on my LS2 and it works great, keeps the PCV working and keeps the oil out.
It was originally a corvette piece, then the GTO web site found them and put them on back order for three weeks, they are now in stock and now they have blue along with red, silver and black. I went with black.

LS1GTO.com Forums - Best Catch Can Ever!!!!!!!

Thats alot of bread for catch but I still bought one :wink: Thanks!

Anyone remember the e-bay ones from 3-4 years ago. Mine is still in the box but has the brass fittings & bottom drain etc. Has a sort of band clamp style hookup from what I remember. Gonna hook it up this winter or plan to. They were a pretty good deal if my memory is correct I paid under $50 & they came black, red, silver. How many use this one? Thoughts? Thanks!

I built mine for about 21 bucks in parts, 1 hr to think about it, 1 hr to start fab'ing, 1 hr to run back to hardware store, 1 more hr to continue what i was doing, 1 hr stoned from spray bomb fumes to paint it, and 1 hr to install.

maybe i shoulda just bought one and skipped all them hrs