Overspray:

Tom R

87FastBlack
I just bought a 1986 T-type as a daily driver. It's far from perfect but that's why I bought it. Here's my issue. The seller mentioned the car was repainted and the side windows were NOT removed. The paint is ok quality but the painter didn't do such a nice job at taping the rubber trim around the side windows. I'd like to see if I can remove it without damaging the surrounding paint or trim. I am not a body man so I'm open to suggestions including preparation before attempting the removal. thanks

If it's on the weather strip I doubt it will come off.

Maybe you could shoot them flat black with some vinyl paint. Other wise they are not too bad to replace.

If it's on the weather strip I doubt it will come off.

Maybe you could shoot them flat black with some vinyl paint. Other wise they are not too bad to replace.

It's not on any weatherstripping. It's only on the rubber trim around the small rear windows.

Mask the trim off real good, and use paper outside the masking to keep your paint off the body, and of course, mask the glass. Then spray that trim with SEM trim paint. That's what I just did to mine and it turned out great! Kinda hard getting a decent picture under florecent lighting, but here's a couple shots.

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

Mask the trim off real good, and use paper outside the masking to keep your paint off the body, and of course, mask the glass. Then spray that trim with SEM trim paint. That's what I just did to mine and it turned out great! Kinda hard getting a decent picture under florecent lighting, but here's a couple shots.

View attachment 180661

View attachment 180662

Thanks for the reply. I'll take some shots myself and post them. You can take a look and let me know what you think.