Over boosting

I need to pull it out approximately an 1/8 to get it on the flapper. Is that enough. Will that effect spike?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I've read radiusing is the way to go rather than just enlarging. Any input on that. I have the big puck in the rjc flange fearing this may be an issue.

I've read radiusing is the way to go rather than just enlarging. Any input on that. I have the big puck in the rjc flange fearing this may be an issue.

I 100% agree.. the flow through the wastegate hole is important part

Just opening it is not always the solution.. there are already good posts on this topic with pics

I just opened my wastegate hole more as well as ported it .
0EC0F621-17B7-4438-BCDF-90B4AEB0B66E.jpg

Just another case where bigger isnt better
Why do you say that ? I have not had one issue with Boost control . It is matched to my external wastegate piping and agian I haven't had one issue holding Boost where I have it set at On my Boost leash controller

Why do you say that ? I have not had one issue with Boost control . It is matched to my external wastegate piping and agian I haven't had one issue holding Boost where I have it set at On my Boost leash controller

Because you can port the gate in areas to stop turbulence and increase flow without actually opening the wategate hole... its like cyl head porting.. bigger isnt always better

Because you can port the gate in areas to stop turbulence and increase flow without actually opening the wategate hole... its like cyl head porting.. bigger isnt always better
While That is true you will gain more flow by opening up the hole . The best thing to do is match your wastegate flap or opening . With Someone still using the flap style wastegate you will need to leave some meat so the flap can seal . I'm Alil confused are you saying I went Way to big not really get what you are implying ?

While That is true you will gain more flow by opening up the hole . The best thing to do is match your wastegate flap or opening . With Someone still using the flap style wastegate you will need to leave some meat so the flap can seal . I'm Alil confused are you saying I went Way to big not really get what you are implying ?

Im having some difficulty trying to describe what im talking about..

Its like taking out the floor on the intake port.. you can make the hole bigger .. but more flow isnt gonna happen .. and thats what were after.. flow through the wastegate hole

I ported the hole and smoother out the transition today. Once I get a chance to take it out I'll report back.

I ported and radiused the hole and the boost has leveled. No with the actuator direct to the elbow I'm sitting at 9lbs. Time to hook the rjc back up and start turning it up.