Out of touch !

Linsk

New to website but owned my 84 GN since it was new. I payed 13,400 for it which was i good deal back then. got the bug back going to get it running again. It ran great before storage keeping fingers crossed.Interior is still in great shape except a burn hole from exgirlfriend on front seat still pissed after 18 years. Paint is shot & just two small rust holes in body.Perfomace mods are kenne bell ram air,itercooler spolier scoops air to radiator,1.7 roller rockers,ultimate chip,adjustfuelreg,fuelpress gauge,cool kit, flex fan,front&rear brace kit.ken duttwellierheaders,torque con lockup mod,shift kit, dump tube,boxed lower control arm rear preloaded pin snuber,aburnrear,3.73richman gears,airbags.All this was done late eighties.ran mid to low 13s on a good day at etown nj. Things have changed still have all stock parts. looking forward to hearing from GN owners.

New to website but owned my 84 GN since it was new. ...........

You are in an elite class because;
1. You own an 84 (2000 made) :cool:
2. It is a HA :cool:
3. You are the original owner. :cool:

Post some pics of the car after you have 3 posts. (I think :rolleyes:)
What are you trying to accomplish (i.e goal) with the car?

I would like to do a complete frame off restoration. But cant aford that right now.For now a new coat of paint make the car look good again and enjoy it.I know car is worth more stock but i still have all the stock parts.I do all the work myself then have it sprayed in my buddys shop.

nice plug chuck!!!

Linsk, where are you located? I'd love to help you out with the car whenever I can. Im in northern NJ near Lake Hopatcong... There are 5 GNs in my town alone!!!! our cars are real neat, and very unique. Clean yours up and make it shine, make sure the mods are all working properly, and you may still get 13K out of that rod!!!!!

Im in the middle of a resto, money putting a big dent in the timeline, but tinkering none the less...

Pix and posts will get you going on here!!!

Welcome aboard!!!!!

John

i'd suggest swapping in an 87 ecm and getting a Turbo Tweak chip.. it might not make it faster, but it will make it run smoother and you will only have about $120 and about 5 minutes of labor into it..

I live in northern NJ watched your utube clip is that an 84 very fast and nice car.

Thanks john i live in west milford on Greenwood lake nice of u to offer your help will keep in touch. Ron

i'd suggest swapping in an 87 ecm and getting a Turbo Tweak chip.. it might not make it faster, but it will make it run smoother and you will only have about $120 and about 5 minutes of labor into it..

Where can i get one all my old vendors are gone

google Turbotweak.. it's one guy that does it, and he does it well.. he's a member here, but i forget his name.. someone will surely chime in with the pertinent info..
as for the ecm- any junkyard should have one for about $35..
honestly, it's the best money you will spend on your car.

I just got mine repainted again, this time though, I took it down to bare metal. If your still in the Philly area (atco ref.) MAGNA is a active GN club with a few hot air members. Here is a link, Mid Atlantic Grand National Association (MAGNA) - TurboBuicks.com we where at Kirban's Performance this morning.

Chuck

when i paint it will strip paint also have to deal with some light surface rust.going to order bumber fillers from D Kirban hope to get started soon. watched your video is that a 84 ? Im from northern nj will check out your club Ron

nice plug chuck!!!

Linsk, where are you located? I'd love to help you out with the car whenever I can. Im in northern NJ near Lake Hopatcong... There are 5 GNs in my town alone!!!! our cars are real neat, and very unique. Clean yours up and make it shine, make sure the mods are all working properly, and you may still get 13K out of that rod!!!!!

Im in the middle of a resto, money putting a big dent in the timeline, but tinkering none the less...

Pix and posts will get you going on here!!!

Welcome aboard!!!!!

John

John i live on greenwood lake West Milfd not too far thanks for the offer going to start work in a couple weeks. offer goes back at you. Ron

when i paint it will strip paint also have to deal with some light surface rust.going to order bumber fillers from D Kirban hope to get started soon. watched your video is that a 84 ? Im from northern nj will check out your club Ron

Surface rust won't be a issue, it's the deep stuff that get's expensive.
Yes, that's my 84 in the video, I had Jack Cotton convert it to the 86/87 drivetrain.
I see your from Northern NJ, straight down the pike and you can be at most of the meetings, there all around the Philly area, I guess that's the center of most the active members. Check out the other website (magna section) for local events, good luck with everything.

Chuck