Our GN's now have competition

Fast or not I think it's an ugly bastard.

112_0703_01z+2008_buick_lacrosse_super+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

GM couldn't make a good business decision if it walked up and bit em in the a$$.... At least not if it helped to undersell their coveted Chevy line...:mad:

At least someone at Buick remembers the GN. :rolleyes:

Maybe our automotive destiny lies with the Studabaker and AMC.

You'll never have another Grand National as long as Buick continues to do GM Corporate cars.... Lucurne = Impala/Saturn whatever, Enclave = GMC Acadia/Saturn, and so on.... GM's too lazy and scared

You'll never have another Grand National as long as Buick continues to do GM Corporate cars.... Lucurne = Impala/Saturn whatever, Enclave = GMC Acadia/Saturn, and so on.... GM's too lazy and scared

+1

What is GM's Deal? I really want to hold out to see what GM has instore for the future but man...the Charger SRT8 is just awesome IMO. I like the looks of the LuCerne V8 but its 4 door too. Where's the 2 doors?! :mad: Why wont GM LISTEN to what the CUSTOMER wants?

Remember way back when, when every car line had a wagon, sedan and coupe. I dont, but im sure some of you do. Options GM, options.

A couple of you have mentioned it before, but the fact that they mentioned the GN at all in a brand new car ad is a tiny bit of light. I'm not saying they're dropping hints at new version or anything, but I think one guy said it up above, at least somebody there remembers the Grand Nationals and they acknowledge it. Unlike the screwup with the GTO......"we're bringing back the name, but don't want it to have anything to do with the previous GTO..." Oh good.:confused: Maybe there are still a few car guys floating around GM!

first, I work for GM and the Lucerne is nothing close to an Impala or Saturn....it does share a platform with the new Caddy DTS. Don't believe me? go drive an Impala then make a trip to your local Buick dealer and be prepared to get blown away at the differences.

second, Enclave is built in its own factory, and doesn't share a single exterior piece with GMC/Saturn, you think GM is lazy and scared? Try these out....

Saturn Sky Redline
Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible
Hummer H2
Pontiac GTO
Caddy CTS and STS
Chevy Avalanche
pretty much any Saab

just because they don't make exactly what you want, when you want it, at the price you want to pay for it, doesn't mean they don't make unique, quality vehicles. You want a boring car, go sit in any new Honda, Kia, most Toyota's....

Well, making the trip to the local Buick dealer shouldn't be too hard...do it everyday and have for 10 years now, I've watched Buick trickle down to nothing but basically three cars that are all made in someway by another division of GM.. When I go to do my GM update training, they bunch the classes together by engines....trannys, interior features....not by model because GM shares everything with the exception of Cadillacs and there's no reason to have a Enclave class...and an Acadia class because it's the same vehicle. Even the GM service manual is all together for Acadia, Enclave, OUTLOOK (VIN R/V). I did go far for the Impala connection (and it's the Lacrosse that shares the W Platform), and you said it...the Buick is nothing like the Impala. My point was that Buick is nothing more to GM than another Logo, build a Chevy GMC Saturn, make some changes and throw the tri shield on there....walla you now have a new Buick. Nothing exciting, happened to oldsmobile before it's death too. Bravada, Aurora (minus the engine) The other cars you mentioned also share platforms with other GM lines except for the GTO (do they still make that?) the H2..and the formentioned caddy's. As I said however, it's more of kicking Buick to the curb. GM's not scared to make a car....ZR1 anyone?.....just a Buick. Didn't mean to upset you...I'm in the GM boat as well..

I hate to tell you this, but just because GM shares platforms doesn't mean the are going under or building boring vehicles. Every freakin manufacturer does it.

Ford Fusion=Mercury Milan=Lincoln MKZ
Toyota Camry=Lexus ES300 or whatever they call it
Dodge Durango=Chrysler Aspen
Honda sedans all turn into Acura sedans

welcome to effective manufacturing and cost savings.

if every vehicle was on its own unique chassis and didn't share any drivetrain, interior, or exterior parts they would be so rediculously priced that all you people would do is bitch about how expensive cars are...not that most people don't anyway :rolleyes:

I'm just saying...give them a break, we are heading into a recession.....or you could always start your own car company and see how far that gets you.

I currently own an '07 Impala SS with the 5.3 V8 (the Lacrosse Super's stablemate) and it it is much faster than the modded '99 Ragal GS supercharged I owned for 3 years, and that too went high 13s at 100....I added a custom dyno tune, exhaust and intake to the Impy and it blew away the service manager at Selman Chevrolet when he test drove it. Yes, I wish it wasn't FWD either, but for the money and the "sleeper" styling, it's hard to beat.

It looks like a car my grandmother would drive:rolleyes:. Is that the best Buick can do for a performance oriented car? If so, their performance days ended in 1987.

first, I work for GM and the Lucerne is nothing close to an Impala or Saturn....it does share a platform with the new Caddy DTS. Don't believe me? go drive an Impala then make a trip to your local Buick dealer and be prepared to get blown away at the differences.

just because they don't make exactly what you want, when you want it, at the price you want to pay for it, doesn't mean they don't make unique, quality vehicles. You want a boring car, go sit in any new Honda, Kia, most Toyota's....

I don't care if they make carbon copies of Chevies, pontiacs or Cadillacs. Just make it rear wheel drive, have some power under the hood and have it be a coupe or at least a 2 door with a usable trunk. Oh, and it must have a tri-shield on there somewhere.

Until they do decide to produce what I want, they won't get any of my money. As stated, unique and quality, maybe, but not good enough to pry my money from my pocket to theirs. I'll keep dreaming.

If it wasn't black my GN would look like a car that a grandma would drive. Also sharing platforms is not a bad deal - if I recall our beloved GN's & T's may have shared a platform with Chevy, Olds and Pontiac.

Sadly, the only GM car that I like is the 'vette. Most of the other GM's look very bland and boring - and if I'm going to drive a bland and boring car it's probably going to be a Toyota.

Before I get flamed too bad although I drive a Toyota my wife drives a LaSabre - and my GN does run 11's on the mountain.

second, Enclave is built in its own factory, and doesn't share a single exterior piece with GMC/Saturn, you think GM is lazy and scared? Try these out....

Saturn Sky Redline canceled
Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible canceled
Hummer H2 canceled
Pontiac GTO canceled
Caddy CTS and STS nice...really like V series
Chevy Avalanche ugly
pretty much any Saab canceled

Fast or not I think it's an ugly bastard.

112_0703_01z+2008_buick_lacrosse_super+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

The chrome wheels add 50 HP easy.

Although it is "wrong wheel" drive, it's still a blast! It doesn't feel as fast as my stock '86 GN which had a lot of grunt down low. This new Buick pulls hard from 70 mph and up. You can't compare the two.

Attachments

• IMG_2137.jpg
    IMG_2137.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 136