OT:Guns You Own Picture Thread

AR-15 A2 with EOTech co-witness, CAA fore grip/Surefire flashlight, UTG rail, and Tac Star tactical strap, 30 mag with Magpul, 3 position collapsable stock. This rifle has lead the way through many missions over the years, and has served me well.

AR-15A2-1.jpg

Just painted the above rifle today. I have to lay down some tan highlights by hazing some tan paint on. I want to break up the hard lines as much as possible. What do you think?

AR-15painted-1.jpg

Just painted the above rifle today. I have to lay down some tan highlights by hazing some tan paint on. I want to break up the hard lines as much as possible. What do you think?

AR-15painted-1.jpg
Looks great! :D
I'm not a big fan of accessorizing the AR with lasers,flashlights,foregrips,and whatnot but to each his own. :smile:

I understand and I appreciate your thoughts. I'm not a big fan of 'accessories' either. What I am concerned about is what works. If it works in the brush, chasing the skinnies, then it's a good thing. My rifle is not a show piece, and it's not a trophy. My rifle is a tool which is used to achieve a goal. It has to work, function, and provide a purpose. It's not about looking good. Some folks use a computer, some folks use a wrench, and some folks carry a rifle. :)

I understand and I appreciate your thoughts. I'm not a big fan of 'accessories' either. What I am concerned about is what works. If it works in the brush, chasing the skinnies, then it's a good thing. My rifle is not a show piece, and it's not a trophy. My rifle is a tool which is used to achieve a goal. It has to work, function, and provide a purpose. It's not about looking good. Some folks use a computer, some folks use a wrench, and some folks carry a rifle. :)
I agree. Always keep this acronym in mind:K.I.S.S.(Keep It and Simple and Stupid). Some people go out and buy all these fancy accessories for their AR and get their feathers ruffled when they get outshot by a plain jane AR with fixed sights and other otherwise stock parts. It's not the accessories that make the rifle shoot great,it's the shooter. ;)
I think that first time shooters should learn to shoot with iron sights so that in the case of a failure of the primary sighting system,you are not up the creek without a paddle.

WWII FB Radom

Here is a unique one I have. It is a F.B. Radom. Best I can tell from researching it on the web is that is was made in German occupied France. I could be wrong. It has s/n all over it and they all match. I even have a holster for it with German markings in it. I believe it came back with one of my Uncles. One was in the Pacific theater and the other was in the European theater from the landing on the beaches. Neither will talk about it.

I also have a Springfield 1911.

Attachments

• Pictures 006.jpg
    Pictures 006.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 361
  • Pictures 008.jpg
    Pictures 008.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 356
Bad news folks- The Colt 1860 Civil War/Indian Wars revolver & holster that I posted earlier has been sold :(

The good news is that the money is going toward the paint and bodywork on my Grand National :)

John

Older guns.

My Dad gave me and my sons his collection before he died.
guns005cd2.jpg

By itsav6, shot with KODAK EASYSHARE C713 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-12-02

guns006ds4.jpg

guns007vg8.jpg

Not pictured is 12ga and 16ga Model 12 Winchesters, Winchester Model 62 pump .22.
The Sword is a WWII Japanese Officer Dress Sword my Dad got in WWII.
The gun pictured with the 8mm Mauser is a Russian 7.62 and Army infintraryman took off a dead Russian Soldier and sold it to my Dad for $5. It has the Russian symbol stamped on it and I have the paperwork from the Navy when he brought it back as a war prize.
The pistol in the holster is an Iver Johnson 8 shot revolver target pistol(bought in Cuba in the 60's for $5) in a leather holster Dad made and the knife/holster he made also, on the Navy's dime.

guns008rr4.jpg

guns009to7.jpg

guns012zn6.jpg

guns013qt1.jpg

guns014va3.jpg

Beautiful Mauser ITSAV6! ;)
I have one as well. It's a blast to shoot(pun intended:D) but I don't shoot it that often because of the price of ammo. Plus it'll bruise the hell out of your shoulder if you shoot it all day long. I put a Timney trigger and Mojo rear peep sights and they made a world of difference.:D

I was going to say the same thing about the Mauser K98. Those are my all time favorite guns....and that one just looks amazing. Im jealous. I want it.
Is it a German model?

Me and my PKM , doing my version of Rambo
beltgun.jpg

Damn I am going to hang with you if it pops off:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Guys I ain't posting pictures of my guns, then they got proof when they come to take them;) :eek:

I was going to say the same thing about the Mauser K98. Those are my all time favorite guns....and that one just looks amazing. Im jealous. I want it.
Is it a German model?

It is a German one. The Russian 7.62 hasn't been shot since WWII. It has flip up long range sights too.

Guys I ain't posting pictures of my guns, then they got proof when they come to take them;) :eek:
It's big brother,they probably know everything you have already,especially if you bought them from dealers and filled out the papers. I don't agree with gun registration but that's the way it will probably be forever. Let's just hope that they never ban sales between individuals.

My Glock 34 Tactical with light and extra 20 round clip

Attachments

• Glock 34.JPG
    Glock 34.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 319