OT:Guns You Own Picture Thread

sshhh

man o man, i was scrolling from the bottom up and i came across the guns with the silencers, i nearly jumped out of my chair and was about to pm you about the penalties for possessing these quiet items,then i scrolled up more and i read the rest(stoopid me) i should have figured you guys being gun savvy and all that you knew better :tongue:

my latest toy

Attachments

• PICT0050.jpg
    PICT0050.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 360
man o man, i was scrolling from the bottom up and i came across the guns with the silencers, i nearly jumped out of my chair and was about to pm you about the penalties for possessing these quiet items,then i scrolled up more and i read the rest(stoopid me) i should have figured you guys being gun savvy and all that you knew better :tongue:
Silencers are regulated different ways in different countries. In the U.S. they are perfectly legal to own and use in 38 states. You just have fill out the NFA paperwork and go through the background check and pay the $200 tax. Plus IIRC you have to have your local sheriff sign off for you. At least you have to in Georgia. In some countries like France,Norway,and Finland, you can buy them with almost no hassle,but the guns themselves are regulated though,which is very hypocritical IMO. :rolleyes:
Here is some more info:
Suppressor - Wikipedia

gun laws and in laws what a combination

I thought they would be illegal period being that they were made to suppress noise as you hunt a particular two legged target,.....man have i got a lot to learn about gun laws, in the mean time i'll just stick to my trusty sling shot and bb gun

I thought they would be illegal period being that they were made to suppress noise as you hunt a particular two legged target,.....man have i got a lot to learn about gun laws, in the mean time i'll just stick to my trusty sling shot and bb gun

Actually, your assessment of suppressed weapons is somewhat off. True the technology came from the military and has been used in some not so nice ways, however there are many hunting applications in which suppressed weapons are ideal.

Consider varmit hunting inside city limits, for example clearing beaver dams. I know it sounds nuts, but they are best hunted at night and who wants to hear gunshots in their neighborhood. I used to live in a subdivision outside Jackson, Ms that had a creek running behind it and from time to time the beavers would dam it up and cause flooding problems. Also, hunting predatory species such as coyotes.

Actually, your assessment of suppressed weapons is somewhat off. True the technology came from the military and has been used in some not so nice ways, however there are many hunting applications in which suppressed weapons are ideal.

Consider varmint hunting inside city limits, for example clearing beaver dams. I know it sounds nuts, but they are best hunted at night and who wants to hear gunshots in their neighborhood. I used to live in a subdivision outside Jackson, Ms that had a creek running behind it and from time to time the beavers would dam it up and cause flooding problems. Also, hunting predatory species such as coyotes.
Not only do they serve a useful hunting purpose,suppressors also reduce recoil by a good bit,allow you to not have to hear hearing protection while shooting most guns,and they enhance accuracy in some cases. Silenced weapons are completely silent like the movies though. Noise is reduced significantly. In some cases,like a silenced Ruger Mark II or III pistol,basically the only sound heard is the cycling of the action. Check the following out: YouTube - Ruger MK III Silenced..You can hear the difference

Otto - the Jap 99 (or 96 - I forget) isn't illegal to own unless it isn't registered. I almost bought 2 of them years ago until the guy changed his mind.

This is fun but gets expensive to shoot.
.50 cal McBros target rifle Leupold scope.
McBros50-1.jpg

Cartridge for it. 850 gr turned solid bronze bore rider Barnes in front of 214 grains of powder.
50CART.jpg

I only have the projectile for this, NOT the gun.
US 16" 50 cal MK14 HE (for Iowa class Battleships) - weight loaded - 1900 lbs
16_inch.jpg

Heres the .45 winmag and of the .22 to compare:cool:
Roc, I am blown away, I thought no one even knew what a Grizz was anymore. I had one I used to shoot in tournaments but sold it in a weak moment. Regreted it from the time I did it, It was a great weapon. I have a few hundred rounds of ammo and empty cases, also reloading dies for the .45 win mag. I always thought I would get another but really don't have the interest anymore. I you are interested drop me a note.
Mike

Have a few ;) , my favorite is here.

Later AJ

attachment.php

Attachments

• colt_kingcobra.jpg
    colt_kingcobra.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 369
nice stuff, guys. here are some of mine. some of these i own currently, and some are old pics of ones i've sold. In order they are:

Arsenal refinished Mosin-Nagant 91/30
Romanian AK with Tapco stock and AMD-65 muzzle brake
Mossberg 500A
AMD-65 pistol
Saiga .308
Kel-Tec P3AT .380
Taurus M-410 .45 long colt/.410 shotgun
Mosin-Nagant M-44
Winchester Model 94 .30-30, gold plated Cowboy Hall of Fame edition (unfired)

091408_153200.jpg

akpistol.jpg

saiga.jpg

keltec2.jpg

taurus.jpg

m44.jpg

091408_153501.jpg

091408_153600.jpg

091408_153700.jpg

Sr9

Fits my hand well, fires very smooth, and holds 17+1.... Soon as I shot it, I knew this was for me.

SR9.jpg

yeah, i am lucky enough to have a gf who, even if she isn't exactly into my hobbies of cars and guns, at least tolerates them, along with the fact that sometimes i dump more money into them than her! ;)

she might be a keeper, that one!

been meaning to post for awhile but needed a chance to take a pic.
here is a 9mm i bought off the street a few years ago. very fun to shoot and is suprisingly very accurate (or maybe i'm just lucky :rolleyes: )

anyways, i'm not much of a gun guy, other than a walthers 380 and some rifles passed down to me. i'm lucky to shoot once a year. anybody know anything about this thing? it it worth much? i'd probably sell it if its worth more than a couple hundred. i've been told this is a vietnam era "tech 9". all it says on it is "MOD. AP9 CAL 9MM LUGER"

been meaning to post for awhile but needed a chance to take a pic.
here is a 9mm i bought off the street a few years ago. very fun to shoot and is suprisingly very accurate (or maybe i'm just lucky :rolleyes: )

anyways, i'm not much of a gun guy, other than a walthers 380 and some rifles passed down to me. i'm lucky to shoot once a year. anybody know anything about this thing? it it worth much? i'd probably sell it if its worth more than a couple hundred. i've been told this is a vietnam era "tech 9". all it says on it is "MOD. AP9 CAL 9MM LUGER"
I'm sure it's worth more than $200. PM me with some more details about it and I'll ask some gun buddies about the approximate value of the gun.