Original "sheen" or "glossy-ness" of GN/WE4 bumpers?

YGETV8

I think, therefore I am??
Been so long since I've seen an original GN or WE4 I am wondering what the "glossy-ness" of the original bumpers is? I am going to have my WE4 bumpers powder coated in the next week or so, and would like them to be at least close to correct, even if the rest of my car may not be, since this is pretty permanent! The shop said they have various coatings for whatever amount I want: 100% glossy, 95%, 70%... whatever! Anbody got a semi-definitive answer? Thanks,

Glossy it is! Thanks, John... and let's answer a little more quickly next time, okay! ;)

PAINTING BUMPERS

Jay,

You can even add a topcoat of a compatible clear polyurethane or clear epoxy...deeeeeeeeep glassy gloss!

HTH :)

I always thought that they were supposed to be glossy. Just recently, I saw a GN with dull bumpers and that party told me that was original. :confused: Personally, I would prefer the glossy. ;)

Well, I was told by the previous owner that my WE4 was repainted in about '88 . The rest of the paint isn't too bad, but the bumpers must have had lousy prep work as the paint is flaking off in several places. The paint underneath that I assume is original looks pretty glossy, but it was kinda hard to tell, so that's why I asked! Thanks for the help!

Jay

My original paint GN did not have glossy bumpers. I don't know if this was a bi-product of it having being exposed to the elements over the years or not since I didn't purchase the car new. The rest of the paint still had a gloss sheen to it but also plenty of orange peel so I had the car completely repainted not long ago. The shop put a flat black on the bumpers and I would think this is close to the way the car looked off the show room floor back in 87 but with a much better paint job. :D