Original GNX Chip available?

G-Body Lover

I bought Buick GNX last fall, sold to me as non-modified. I later discovered the chip was not original. Does anyone have an original GNX chip for sale? I have seen pics on a few threads on this site, has part number 27E8-2644 on label. Thanks!

I have one in my collection, but the only ID mark is the letters GNX hand-written on a paper label at the top. The other numbers printed on the chip are manufacturer date codes and production codes for the base EPROM.

The GNX program on the chip is unique for the GNX only, not used on the standard turbo cars.

I have one in my collection, but the only ID mark is the letters GNX hand-written on a paper label at the top. The other numbers printed on the chip are manufacturer date codes and production codes for the base EPROM.

The GNX program on the chip is unique for the GNX only, not used on the standard turbo cars.

In looking across the threads on the site it appears this part number is on the chip and appears to be in 80s computer font.

Is it possible your GNX chip is a copy? Can anyone look inside their computer module and advise what their GNX chip looks like?

See attached pics.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 211
Mine could be a copy. The pic seems to have a paper tag across the entire top of the chip carrier, rather than on the chip window itself. I have never seen one like that.

Thanks GNVenom for the input.

In looking across the threads on the site it appears the part number appears on the GNX chip and appears in 1980s style computer font.

Is it possible you're GNX chip is a burnt copy?

Can anyone that has looked in there GNX computer module provide any additional input?

I have have attached some pictures I have found on this site regarding this issue.

I appreciate your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 134