Original fan sockel help.

HEATSEEKER

Member!
Hello!

I am locking for my fan sockel to the original fan controller.
I think i have found the wires but i am not sure, the sockel was cut off :redface:

Can someone please help me whit a picture on the original sockel and i need to se the colour on the wires to.

Thanks! Jakob S

Hello!

I am locking for my fan sockel to the original fan controller.
I think i have found the wires but i am not sure, the sockel was cut off :redface:

Can someone please help me whit a picture on the original sockel and i need to se the colour on the wires to.

Thanks! Jakob S

Suggest you go to Caspers Electronics website...they've got this plus much much more available. If you're not sure, just contact John Spina @ Caspers and ask him.

They are at:
CRE Loaded 6 - CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.

Coolant Fan Splice Engine Side - 86/87

Replaces broken/damaged harness end cooling fan connector. This connector has three female terminals and 12 gage wires and also have the other end of the harness connector.

Coolant Fan Harness - 86/87

Located on cooling fan assembly. Includes the three wires with ring terminals, connects to fan motor and low speed resistor.

Good Luck

dave

Attachments

• coolant fan splice.jpg
    coolant fan splice.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 64
  • coolant fan harness.jpg
    coolant fan harness.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 63
Thanks Dave, perfect picture :)
I just need the color on the wires from left to right on the left picture over this post, could someone run out in the garage and take a quick look for me please?? :)

I found 3 wires, black/red, black/purple and one black. Can someone please help me in what order they should be from left to right in the left picture above.

Fan Splice Connector

I found 3 wires, black/red, black/purple and one black. Can someone please help me in what order they should be from left to right in the left picture above.

My splice (male) connector has three wires:
Looking at the connector with lock tab on top

L - Black
Centre BLack / Purple
R - Black

However the mating (female) connector only has two wires.
Looking at the connector with lock tab on top

L - Black
Centre - blank
R - Red / Black

So on the 2nd connector Red Black wire in 3rd RH position lines up / when connected to #1 wire LH on Female connector

Black wire on 2nd connector in 1st position lines up / when connected to #3 wire on Female connector.

Hope this makes sense. Maybe e-mail or call John Spina at Caspers.....he will be able to help you sort it out.

Good Luck

dave

Attachments

• coolant fan splice.jpg
    coolant fan splice.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 32
Thanks again Dave!

Are you looking att the connector as att the picture or the other way, hope you understand what i mean?
So i get the right left to right... :)
So strange that i have the colors att the wires and you some others?!...hmm...

Why i am asking this is that i am trying to connect my aftermarket dual fans to the original harness and the former owner have cut off the original sockel and i don´t have the original fan whit sockel.

Fan Splice Connector

Hi Jakob,

Yes,I am looking at the connector same way as in pictures posted here.

I am also running non stock fans (Ram Chargers Dual Fans) with Caspers Plug N Play harness that features dual 40amp relays.

My original factory male connector with the three wires, is plugged into the caspers socket that attaches to his fan harness....it only has two wires (Red/ Blk and Blk).

dave

Attachments

• dualfanwharness1.jpg
    dualfanwharness1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 27
Okej, great! :)
I have almost the same harness that i whant to connect to my car harness, but no socket left so i have to cut off the socket on the new fan harness to connect it :(
I have 3 wires on the new harness. I have this harness: CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.