Opinions on Turbos?

spongeboob

I am looking at some different set-ups for my car just wondering if anyone has any ideas opinions on the best streetable Turbo.. I want next to 0 Turbo Lag ..I am getting a precision front Mount intercooler and i am still up in the air on a turbo and down-pipe.. I have a 210 roller cam ported heads with Ls1 springs and a 3500 stall.. i am not interested in running 9's looking to run low to mid 10's and have the car very streetable.. thanks for your input.:biggrin:

I am looking at some different set-ups for my car just wondering if anyone has any ideas opinions on the best streetable Turbo.. I want next to 0 Turbo Lag ..I am getting a precision front Mount intercooler and i am still up in the air on a turbo and down-pipe.. I have a 210 roller cam ported heads with Ls1 springs and a 3500 stall.. i am not interested in running 9's looking to run low to mid 10's and have the car very streetable.. thanks for your input.:biggrin:

I would recommend the TE-45A turbo.. great turbo perfect for what you want.. very streetable.

Or the Gt67 is very nice as well.. I think Full throttle has them in ball bearing for like $1300?

I would recommend the TE-45A turbo.. great turbo perfect for what you want.. very streetable.

Or the Gt67 is very nice as well.. I think Full throttle has them in ball bearing for like $1300?
Any idea on Hp numbers this is capable of. and can you get them water cooled? thanks

Any idea on Hp numbers this is capable of. and can you get them water cooled? thanks

The 45a will support about 800+ and the 67 will be close to same.

If you get a ball bearing turbo.. it will be oil and water cooled.

I don't know if Limit makes the 45a in a bb unit.

Really don't need ball bearing if the stall is right..

The 45a will support about 800+ and the 67 will be close to same.

If you get a ball bearing turbo.. it will be oil and water cooled.

I don't know if Limit makes the 45a in a bb unit.

Really don't need ball bearing if the stall is right..

You can get the 45A in a watercooled center section. Board member 8AV8 bought one I used to have.... and it had the water cooled center section.

I run a TE-44 water cooled turbo with a 2800 stall, instant spool, burns the back tires off in 1st and 2nd.. Those little babies are mean!

Talk to Mike at Full Throttle...I'm getting ready to install a 9/11 3400-3600 stall and he recomended the GT6776e standard journal. If you go with the BB version your converter will be a little loose...he said the BB version realy likes a 3200 stall. With a 3400+ you will have plenty of converter to spool the GT6776 standard bearing and save you about $400+. Also if you are running a upgraded IC go with the 4" inlet 2 1/2" outlet (GT6776s) option over the 3"/2".

Just something to concider...

-Scott