Opinions on this car?

Nice car and this is just my 2¢... it is way overpriced and the description of the car seems exaggerated to say the least. One example: "GNX motor upgrade to GNX specs" A GNX had a different turbo and intercooler, but the engine was a bone stock GN/TurboT engine. I'd say a nice looking car like that would be in the $18-20k range.

The description says "1 of 1". It's a modifed car and every modified car is unique to itself and really "1 of 1" when you think about it. Maybe the seller is looking for a "1 of 1" potential buyer with money to burn.

yes ..modded by asc , asc was american sunroof corporation (later changed the name to ASC american specialty cars )and the moonroof was probably done by ASC (done through a dealer by asc after the sale of the car ) but that doesnt make it a GNX or even close , i have a regal here with a vinyl roof done through dealer request by asc and even has the asc sticker in the door like the GNx had . i had an 85 cavalier convertible , those were also done by asc and the sticker looked just like the one in the gnx door jamb , but GNX it was not

the dash has vdos and looks like the AVC dash setup, definitely not GNX

the rest is someones pipe dreams since the motors didnt differ , only the turbo and the chip were different ....and a stock std gn turbo with a TT chip will outrun any gnx chip equipped vehicle.
the trans mods were easy enough to do in car but you needed to have the gnx numbers from a real gnx to be able to order the parts , and big deal even if it has gnx trans calibrations a $100 shift kit and billet servo will do more for a trans than the gnx trans mods

There was a real gnx on here for $45,000 with 40,000 miles. That white car is real nice but way overpriced.

Thats the one.I think. Maybe.Oh hell what were we talking about:biggrin:

That cut and paste Buick Regal someones trying to pawn for $45,000. I mean it is nice but as much as i love my car if someone said here's 45g's for your T-Type I'd be like Thank You, Come Again. Then walk me a$$ straight over to the GNX dealer (yes i know they don't exist but how sweet would that be if they did).

Way over priced. Who ever made the add does not know squat about TB's either.

IMO Maybe worth half that to regular people. ;)

What's all this talk about it being worth half that...$22,500 would still be way overpriced IMO

Only 12000+ people have viewed that ad and geez nobody seems willing to drop $45k on it. Must be tough out there!

I remember looking at that same "for sale" ad several years ago. It's been up for a long time.

Thanks guys...that's what I suspected. Since I like the oddball Turbo Limiteds, I am gonna look at it while I'm at Barrett jackson next week. If it's as clean as he says, I might make him an offer in the low 20s.

If anyone else knows of a turbo limited with a beige interior for sale....feel free to PM me!

Thanks again!

He says 1 owner car but he got it 11 years ago, unless this add is 11/12 years old, then that would make this one the second owner.
He says made especially for a GM exe, I'm thinking that the exec just ordered it just like any regular customer could. ASC probably put the sunroof put in.

They show numerous pictures of the car but suspiciously, no engine photos. I'd be cautious and go over it with a fine tooth comb before offering them 18k.

Thanks guys...that's what I suspected. Since I like the oddball Turbo Limiteds, I am gonna look at it while I'm at Barrett jackson next week. If it's as clean as he says, I might make him an offer in the low 20s.

If anyone else knows of a turbo limited with a beige interior for sale....feel free to PM me!

Thanks again!

If he is smart he will take your offer and RUN!

Definetly not worth 45k. It is a very clean limited with a boat load of options. I still think that low 20's might be a little high as well in the present economy.

It's definetly something that your not going to come across very often for sale, so I would just weight how much you really want something like that and come up with a comfortable price that will make you feel good about owning it. Also, I doubt that you will ever get the opportunity to recoup all the money in a re-sale situation, just because it is so rare and there aren't a whole lot of people that will hold it is as high regards, like for instance a GNX or a GN for that matter.

Either way good luck.