Open slot for a complete paint job.

onefastgn

Just putting this out there, I have a few options that i might take on but there not Buick's. I would be willing to give a desent price break if someone is looking now. Sand or strip and paint.
Thanks,
Tony

By clicking on a persons avatar you can see their location if they have filled out their profile. He is in Battlecreek MI, quite some distance from you but I hear he does great work. May be worth shipping the car if you can come to an agreement.

Bryan

I would in a heart-beat if I could afford it right now. He does amazing work.

^^^Thank you for the replies guys and yes, i hear that he does great work, thats why i asked where he was. I did not know about the avatar thing so thank you.

^^^Thank you for the replies guys and yes, i hear that he does great work, thats why i asked where he was. I did not know about the avatar thing so thank you.
Just got on line, i see your in Florida, Yeah that's a bit of a haul. The last one was shipped to me and i did it and delivered the car in person last week. It only worked out that way because i was going to buy my new Turbo-T and it was on my way kind of. If you really want to talk we can see if this would even be possible. And thanks guys for the kind words about my work i do. I really enjoy doing the Buicks. Give me a call if you want to talk more. Tony
1269-753-7677

Yeah tony, it may not be cost efective for me to ship it to you back and forth and the price of the paint job. I just wish you were closer.

Yeah tony, it may not be cost efective for me to ship it to you back and forth and the price of the paint job. I just wish you were closer.
No problem, If things change just let me know. I would like to help you out. Thanks Tony

Hey Tony, what kind of cost are we talking? Mines a rosewood I'd like a little more red, with minimal body work, but has to come down to metal. I'd love to have you do paint, if I can work out logistics, as you do great work and it shows you like our cars. Cheers!
Troy

Tony, I would love to have my 69 SS Camaro redone down to the metal and all body lines fit. How much of a deal on a classic?

Hey Tony, what kind of cost are we talking? Mines a rosewood I'd like a little more red, with minimal body work, but has to come down to metal. I'd love to have you do paint, if I can work out logistics, as you do great work and it shows you like our cars. Cheers!
Troy
Hello Troy,
Well without really seeing the car in person it's real hard to give a good estimate. No offence but unless you have experience doing body and paint there is lots of stuff that's hidden on these cars...( Lots of suprises ) after there stripped. With the past cars I've done the ball park strip and paint is $9000.00. I end up spending close to 300 hours on these cars and spend close to $2000.00 just in quality supplies. I only use SPI products from bottom to the top with the exception of the base coat if it's not black or white. Then i use Deltron PPG for the base coat and still use SPI Clear on top of that. There is also the cost to the customer for additional new parts that you would need to complete the job. I get half down to start and 1/4 more when based and the balance when complete. This is just a small part as to what's involved in the process. I only take on one job at a time and only work that project from start to finish. No worries that something else will come in on top of your car. I take progress pictures thru the entire process and keep you updated as to how things are going all the time. I have references if you need them. If your interested let's talk more. If you do the math i end up around $23.00 dollars an hour after supplies are taken out...not a ton of profit at the end, but i really enjoy doing these cars and would give you a top notch paint job you could be proud of for years to come. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks Tony

Tony, I would love to have my 69 SS Camaro redone down to the metal and all body lines fit. How much of a deal on a classic?
Love to talk to you more on it. I've had two of them. I did a frame off one the one i had last. Boy do i miss it sometimes. Shoot me a number and we can talk more.
Tony

What kind of money we taking?
9K for a strip and paint with all the bells and whistles. Everything comes off and down to bare metal and epoxied primed and body work on top then re-epoxied primed then fill primed. If you search my last project you can see the process. I would have to write a book to tell you everything that's involved in the job. If your interested shoot me a pm with your number and we can talk more, I'm ready to start another one now.
Tony

I look forward to talking with you also. I've been following your threads for a few years now, and I'd really like for you to paint my car, no further reference's necessary. My thoughts on this now are should I send it to Turbolou and make it run right, then send it to you to make it pretty. What's your time line on your next paint job and are you going to be doing this for awhile? I have done some body and paint but mostly mechanical work and always tried to do paint last. I'm trying to figure out the balance, but I'd like a custom color off of rosewood, so what's your thoughts on this? Also, an approximate timeline for the work? Cheers and appreciate your time.
Troy

I have no personal knowledge of this man's work but he is clearly confident in his work to provide a ballpark qoute publicly which is a clear indicator of someone i would want to do business with

I would gladly transport my car to someone who is familiar with these cars and their owners

Wish i had the funds available myself

Joel

I have no personal knowledge of this man's work but he is clearly confident in his work to provide a ballpark qoute publicly which is a clear indicator of someone i would want to do business with

I would gladly transport my car to someone who is familiar with these cars and their owners

Wish i had the funds available myself

Joel
Thanks,
I figure why not just be up front about the price. It takes what it takes to atleast make some kind of money, Sure there are others that could do it for less or even alot more from what i have seen in the past. But like you said I'm real fimilar with the Gbody cars and i know what it takes to do one the right way with quality supplies. I'm a stright shooter and you get what you pay for....even more in most cases. For the discount it's going to be the same for everyone. I will take off $1000.00 for the base strip and paint, so $8000.00. Same quality job as the 9k job, just a nice discount. Of corse if the car has hidden damage after it's stripped and needs extra work that would be address at that time. If the person were to remove everything on the car and re-installed it them self that would save some money also. And if the jams didn't need repainted that would save too. There's lots of options that could be done in order to keep the price down. It's up to what the customer is really looking to do with the car.
Tony

I look forward to talking with you also. I've been following your threads for a few years now, and I'd really like for you to paint my car, no further reference's necessary. My thoughts on this now are should I send it to Turbolou and make it run right, then send it to you to make it pretty. What's your time line on your next paint job and are you going to be doing this for awhile? I have done some body and paint but mostly mechanical work and always tried to do paint last. I'm trying to figure out the balance, but I'd like a custom color off of rosewood, so what's your thoughts on this? Also, an approximate timeline for the work? Cheers and appreciate your time.
Troy
Hello Troy,
Well I've said the discount will be $1000.00 off in writing so now it's up to you if your in the market for a paint job. Like i said there is ways to get it down some, but we would need to talk more in detail over the phone in order to work out the details. Doing the job before getting it running right is your call, if they protect the fenders you should be good to go.
Thanks Tony

I just recieved my car back from Tony, and wow... over-the-top paint job. He pulled out all stops to make it look PERFECT. If you want your car to look like mine... contact Tony (onefastgn).
buick1_zpsf3470bb7.jpg

buick2_zpsdcdb37bb.jpg