Open connector bugging me

Coelacanth

This connector appears to have an open tube; it's been like this for as long as I've owned the car but it's bugging me. What is it for, and should there be a vacuum line running to it? There is no existing vacuum line anywhere I can see that should be plugged into it. It just doesn't look right to me. o_O

OpenConnector.jpg

This connector appears to have an open tube; it's been like this for as long as I've owned the car but it's bugging me. What is it for, and should there be a vacuum line running to it? There is no existing vacuum line anywhere I can see that should be plugged into it. It just doesn't look right to me. o_O

View attachment 309465
Come to think of it I might have one laying around somewhere. If you can wait a few days I can look for it.

Come to think of it I might have one laying around somewhere. If you can wait a few days I can look for it.
That would be marvy! Let me know. I'll gladly pay for the envelope. :)

Looks like it would be an easy thing to make oneself, with a bit of sponge foam and piece of good tape.

I just ordered them off Kirban. They come in sets of three.
Five bucks.

That'll be close to $20 Canadian because business shipping to Canada is ridiculous. Most American retailers won't mail small stuff in plain-Jane envelopes for tracking and insurance reasons...but who needs tracking & insurance on a $5 item?

Looks like it would be an easy thing to make oneself, with a bit of sponge foam and piece of good tape.
Ok. Give me a few days to check and see if I still have it and I'll get back to you.

Marc, I found the filters but....
20170919_184640.jpg

As you can see in the photo the foam has already begun to break down. When I took them out of the packaging they just crumbled in my fingers. Sorry man.

Thanks for looking! I guess since it only blows out from this open connector, the filter is mainly to better prevent anything from falling into the hole by accident?

No need for a filter. I just put a small piece vacuum hose on it.

I cut a piece of stiff gray packaging foam to cover both nipples now that I'm running a Hallman style MBC, but I like the vac hose idea. Run them down to where they're not seen.
IMG_3953.JPG

I'm pretty sure you can still get them at the your friendly neighborhood GM dealer. You have to buy 10 though. If anyone that wants me to mail them one send me a pm with your mailing address. I have 9 left. [emoji16]

44e63ec7ed90399bc6fb142802157d4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure you can still get them at the your friendly neighborhood GM dealer. You have to buy 10 though. If anyone that wants me to mail them one send me a pm with your mailing address. I have 9 left. [emoji16]

44e63ec7ed90399bc6fb142802157d4d.jpg

Oh. If you are running MBC you don't need it.