one of the baddest caddys ever??

Pretty cool and different.

I'd put a dual plane intake on and lose the hood scoop. Add a super quiet exhaust and some BFG drag radials and go huntn. :biggrin:

I agree with the comments under the video, why make a new car old. Would have rather put a modern powerplant in it.

they have a "quiet " exhaust on it, the cutouts were open in the vid.....:biggrin:
just do something smoother on the hood and ill take it!!!

Cool Car!

From KC I guess??? Maybe the boys and I should try to find that car around town and hurt his feelings???:eek:

I have one (not with a 572, RWD obviously) and I don't know how you'd get a wide enough tire under there to make use of the 572's torque. Unless they tubbed it, which is a possibility. The stock arrangement is FWD with 4-wheel independent suspension. There's have to be some serious mods back there to tub it. But there were some serious mods made to it to put that 572 and RWD in there.

I think it's pretty cool how they maintained the stock stance and tires. With the exception of the hood, if you didn't play the audio on that, it would look like a stocker cruising around (except for all the tire smoke).

Jim

Definetly pretty awesome, I agree to lose the hood and make that one of the cooler sleepers in a while!!

W0w!

I think the car is AWESOME!...:eek: Everyone to whom I showed the video though the same...What's nice is that aside from the hood, the car still looks relatively stock!...I sent them an e-mail with a few questions and asked them what times they expect the car to run?...I'll let you know if I get a reply...

Claude :cool:

"572 Caddy"...

Like I said in my previous post, I wrote a letter to the people who built the "572 Caddy" and they were kind enough to send me this reply:

Glad you like the video !
Yes, the car was originally a front wheel drive and we converted it to rear wheel drive - installed a custom built 9" Ford Rear End.

The story behind this project --- well, one day we had a gentleman walk into our shop and say he wanted to soup up his Cadi - so we asked him what he had in mind --- we thought maybe he was just wanting to add a supercharges or something to the original Northstar motor. Nope --- he wanted to do something along the lines of what Jay Leno had done with his Toronado project --- he wanted to drop a 572 big block into the Cadi. We said --- no problem --- which floored him at first because no-one else in the area even wanted to talk to him about this, let alone tackle the project. Originally, he wanted the ultimate sleeper --- try to keep it all under the hood, but that monstrous motor just can not be stuffed into a factory Cadi engine compartment, so we ended up having to create a custom cowl hood. Pretty much all the original computer controlled aspects of the Cadi still work ---- gauges, AC, etc. There are no longer any anti-lock brakes and the air bags are not connected --- both of which were fine for this customer. The exhaust has electric cutouts - so it can be opened up or closed down to quiet it a bit. They were open in the video. The car is driven daily - customer says it is about $40 a day in gas - unless the weather is bad. He comes back by our shop about once a week just to say HI.
As for the 1/4 mile time --- not real sure --- it would have to hook good in order to get a decent time --- it is more for indimidating the Mustangs and Camaros around town --- open up the exhaust and hit it at the stoplight --- that is what he truly enjoys. He stopped by last week to let us know that we was thinking he would like to drive it for the summer and then see what we can do to get him even more horsepower for next year. Be sure to check out the build-up pictures on our website --- you can really see what all it took to put this together.

Thanks for your interest in our shop and projects ! Keep checking back on our website - we will be posting new projects as they come along ---- such as a blown big block in a 1967 Firebird convertible.
If we can ever help you or any of your friends out on a project - just let us know !

~Susan Tallant
Tallant's Hot Rod Shop

that's it...

Claude :wink:

One of the baddest caddy's ever but not THE baddest......

502330_35_full.jpg

Who ya gonna call.......