One for the books

There is some posts on that car somewhere. Was wrecked back in the early 90's I think. Driver was ok. They took a mint low mile 87 GN and transfered all the GNX parts to it. So that car number is still around somewhere out there. Some say that GNX died in that crash, others say it lived on in the new GN body it got.

That's my gallery. If anyone has any other wrecked pictures feel free to e-mail them to me and I'll host them there on my site!

phillyturbosix said:
There is some posts on that car somewhere. Was wrecked back in the early 90's I think. Driver was ok. They took a mint low mile 87 GN and transfered all the GNX parts to it. So that car number is still around somewhere out there. Some say that GNX died in that crash, others say it lived on in the new GN body it got.

That's my gallery. If anyone has any other wrecked pictures feel free to e-mail them to me and I'll host them there on my site!

would you believe that my car was on the production line rite after that GNX here is my vin # 1g4gj1174HP

the GNX's # on the build sheet is 1g4gj1173HP

go figure huh :)

I think the digit you refer to is a "check digit". Sequence of production is contained in the last six numbers of the Vin. Since I don't know them you could still be right!

Yup the #9 digit is just a check digit. Since we're on the topic I will throw out that my GN's VIN is one digit off from GNX #248. If I were to ever go hunting for an X, it'd be that one. Or I could just sell them mine, since current market value of an X is more than the house I live in........

I know it's totally wrong--but as i remember they did a pretty good job of bringing the car back to life.

Geoff