Old smc kit

87gnttop1

The kit has been in my car for a while I just never used it. I'm planning on ordering a new chip because I did some upgrades (te-44,3in down pipe,external waste gate,42.5 injectors, egr block off, 160 stat,) so I'm confused on how it works with the pump speed . Im also trying to run 25psi on it

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Make a base run starting at stock boost. Turn boost up in 1psi increments until you pick up detonation. This is the point you want the pump to kick on. Note the boost level and set the controller for it. Keep adjusting boost and pump speed until you reach desired boost level. Is your chip burned for alky? Timing has a lot to do with a successful alky tune.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

The kit has been in my car for a while I just never used it. I'm planning on ordering a new chip because I did some upgrades (te-44,3in down pipe,external waste gate,42.5 injectors, egr block off, 160 stat,) so I'm confused on how it works with the pump speed . Im also trying to run 25psi on it

I will be doing this soon as well

Or turn it up all the way to 11 and back off until the motor stops bogging. That might be a better scenario than intentionally creating knock.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

My chip is not for alky that's why I wanted to order a new chip I have a a 93oct street chip

have a external pump smc kit on my GN for more than 7 years with out a lick of problem.

it is the latter smc progressive kit. the first ones had the pump in the tank and you had to add oil mix to lube pump. will get the pump name for ya. very happy with the kit