Ok, Why is EVERY thread

[Ban Stiller in Meet The Parents] "You can't say 'header' on turbobuick.com!!!" [/Stiller]

:D

Seems like a bunch of shenanigans to me.

Thats it.. Im locking this thread. You said he H word.

That has the word HEADER in it getting locked???
This is a sad state of affairs, Ted started a thread about a product that he had purchased, I didn't see were he said he got them. But he gave a honest feedback on them. This is what this boards are about...Information.

For the record I did not get the headers direct from BA, but if they are the ones sending them out to vendors then either they need to be marketed through the vendors or pay up and be a supporting member like the others.

I have no problem with the thread being locked for the reasons they did. It must tough making these kind of calls and they have lets not make it any harder on them than what they have already been through.

I guess you didnt read the link I posted above.

I'm not trying to stir the pot but i do have a ? Are the only products allowed to be mentioned on this forum now from paid vendors?

Board members can mention products and talk about them. The problem the way I understand it is when vendors come in and try to sell products without paying an advertising fee. Quite a few of us vendors pay a decent amount of money to advertise here. If I can advertise here without paying they why should we pay? These fees support the board and keep it running. When I had this board we had a few advertisers and whatever they did not cover I could write off to my business, Shane is not in that position. The other option is a paypal link where ever member make a donation to support the board. Since Shane does not own a hosting company the bills are pretty steep to host a site of this size and the money has to come from somewhere.
Mike

I agree that companies should not be able to come in here & get free advertising but I do find it strange that the consumers who have purchased these Stainless Steel exhaust manifolds (don't want to be black flagged for the H word :) ) are not able to mention anything about them without sensorship.

I agree that companies should not be able to come in here & get free advertising but I do find it strange that the consumers who have purchased these Stainless Steel exhaust manifolds (don't want to be black flagged for the H word :) ) are not able to mention anything about them without sensorship.

My take on that is it got started on the wrong foot, and now the mods have a quick trigger finger on the issue. I'm also quite certain that the issue of them being a direct knock off of a paying sponsors design isn't helping.

My take on that is it got started on the wrong foot, and now the mods have a quick trigger finger on the issue. I'm also quite certain that the issue of them being a direct knock off of a paying sponsors design isn't helping.

Not true.. maybe you didnt make the connection but the SPX-7 guy that posted in Ted's thread is the person selling them on Ebay. Also, every post he has made here on TB.Com was either promoting his own product or something BA sells. Neither is a supporting vendor here.

The fact that its a knock off is irrelevant to me. Ive had every product/concept I ever came up with for the Buicks knocked off and sometimes directly ripped off, its just a fact of life. I'll tell you exactly what I told SPX-7: If you want to become an advertiser here, you can sell anything you want.

If a member wants to talk about the headers, fine, go right ahead. This particular situation is a bit more convoluted because from my standpoint, BA Performance and the SPX-7 user are connected from an IP standpoint giving the appearance that they're one and the same, which apparently is not the case. As it was explained to me, SPX-7 registered the BA Performance username here and turned it over to them.

If we (TurboBuick.Com) doesnt try to maintain integrity for the advertisers that pay to advertise here, then they have no reason to continue to advertise with us when they could just do it for free.