Ok...uh...oil seeping out of head bolts.

VadersV6

Drove the car to work this morning. Mega super duper homemade catchcan is doing the trick. Doesnt run that great at idle and has no power under boost (no codes popped up, all scanmaster numbers good) but drove 35 miles. Got to work n popped the hood cause I saw drops of oil under the car on the ground, looked underneath and fresh engine oil was all over the tranny pan and tranny mount bar...so I popped the hood and oil is seeping out of the lower head bolts on the drivers side. I saw this yesterday and assumed it was the valve cover gasket, but I popped the valve cover off yesterday and all is good. No leaks...they're brand new anyway. Siliconed them up for kicks. You look at each lower head bolt and there is oil leaking out from under each bolt head. How is this possible? I sealed every bolt up when I got it back together, and regardless, they run through a water jacket, not oil.:mad:

Is it possible that the HG is allowing oil from the lifter valley to be pulled through it and leak out the bottom where the lower bolts are? I'd do a leakdown test. You may want to check the front DS intake seal because its possible its leaking and running back and downhill. Guessing by the way it runs, but hopefully not, I'd say HG.

Is it possible that the HG is allowing oil from the lifter valley to be pulled through it and leak out the bottom where the lower bolts are? I'd do a leakdown test. You may want to check the front DS intake seal because its possible its leaking and running back and downhill. Guessing by the way it runs, but hopefully not, I'd say HG.
Yeah...I just replaced the head gaskets. You may not have seen my threads where the engine went south. Ive got 60psi in #5, and its the rings. An old trick some people use, is to run no exhaust gasket, but to dab grease around the mating ends. The grease turns to carbon and seals up. Ive done this a few times and it actually works really well. I used too much grease this time around and Im thinking the grease is just melting and getting everywhere. The oil leaking underneath is probably just the pan gasket. I started to pull the pan and stopped, and forgot to put one of the bolts back in.