ok im on a mission this weekend and i need all the help i can get...(electrical)

ll3lue

well this weekend i am going to fix the stupid electrical problems with my car..every single problem has to do with the right side of the car..as strange as that is..the left side i've never had a problem with at all..it's just always the damn right side..i need all the diagrams and tips and suggestions i can get..here are a list of the problems...

Right side lowbeam headlight does not work (it went out tonight but it does work with the Hi-beams on?? :confused: )

the right turn signal blinks fast and also it flickers my radio to the tempo that is is flashing? :confused:

when i take a right turn both of the taillights flash like the 4 ways are on?

when i take a right turn with the headlights on the light just stays on and doesn't blink??

so basically the right side of my car has alot of issues that need to be addressed..please help me learn how the electrical system is works so i can troubleshoot this..maybe its a ground?? the ground on the right inner fender well looks good? i'll look at it closer tommorow..but i just wanna go into this with all the info i can possibly have...

also there's a possiblity the guy put in the wrong lightbulbs so i'd like to have the correct lightbulb number for every exterior light on the car..thanks

and wish me luck.

There's no gentle way to put this, it's more than likely something simple but tracing it down can leave you curled on the floor in the fetal position sobbing hysterically. Did you do ANYTHING wiring wise, I mean anything at all when these problems surfaced? Start with a new flasher. Turn on one signal at a time checking front and rear for proper operation. If that checks okay turn on headlights, then go around car and check all light are properly working. Then report findings. Have you had the dash out of the car or been scrambling around under the dash doing anything? Try and remember if you had done something prior to getting these problems.

WHEEZER said:
There's no gentle way to put this, it's more than likely something simple but tracing it down can leave you curled on the floor in the fetal position sobbing hysterically. Did you do ANYTHING wiring wise, I mean anything at all when these problems surfaced? Start with a new flasher. Turn on one signal at a time checking front and rear for proper operation. If that checks okay turn on headlights, then go around car and check all light are properly working. Then report findings. Have you had the dash out of the car or been scrambling around under the dash doing anything? Try and remember if you had done something prior to getting these problems.

bought it with the problems, never got around to fixin it...but the left headlight has me puzzled because i've done absolutey nothing except install a boost gauge but i didn't even hook up the electrical part of it! lol..just the hose :confused:

OK, the headlight out could just be the bulb is burned out. The highbeams use a seperate filament in the lamp.

when i take a right turn both of the taillights flash like the 4 ways are on?

Have you done anything to the wiring anywhere in the trunk?

when i take a right turn with the headlights on the light just stays on and doesn't blink??

You mean the turn indicator light on the dashboard? Are you sure BOTH your front & back turn signal bulbs work? If one's burned out, this will happen.

-Mike H.

may want to check for a loose ground. although most of the symptoms, like wheezer suggested, are flasher and bulb related. for the part#s, you can call your local parts store and they will give u the most recent #s. and u can compare them to what u have in the vehicle. if in doubt of a bulb working, just replace it. it will save a lot of time and frustration. try not to disturb the harness too much until u have insured the flasher and bulbs are good. if the problem is in the harness, u may introduce more symptoms before isolating them.
Tom :cool:

SHADOWII said:
may want to check for a loose ground. although most of the symptoms, like wheezer suggested, are flasher and bulb related. for the part#s, you can call your local parts store and they will give u the most recent #s. and u can compare them to what u have in the vehicle. if in doubt of a bulb working, just replace it. it will save a lot of time and frustration. try not to disturb the harness too much until u have insured the flasher and bulbs are good. if the problem is in the harness, u may introduce more symptoms before isolating them.
Tom :cool:
well i just replaced the flasher and all the bulbs in the front..same damn problem, and the inner right fender ground looks good..what else? :confused:

well since i went through and replaced the bulbs and flasher...i got a really weird ground issue i think...there's a big orange bulb down on the right hand side turn signal in the front bumber..its the one farthest to the right..when i plug in the ground side of that socket and turn on the headlights with car off

i hear clicking by the AC compressor like it turning on an off to the beat of the flasher and also i heard clicking comin from what seemed like the coil at the same temp that sounded like a electrical tap so i unhooked that ground from the side of that light again and now when i turn on my headlights my tach and boost gauge dont work...and if i leave that ground in and try to start it i get about 3* of knock and the car is hard to start...so anyone wanna take a stab at WTF is going on?

Hi,
I agree that the multitude of trouble you have seems to point to an open ground circuit somewhere. Do you have any other symptoms to report?

83ttypecooled said:
Hi,
I agree that the multitude of trouble you have seems to point to an open ground circuit somewhere. Do you have any other symptoms to report?

Well the symptons change depending on if i have the front farthest to the right turn signal bulb hooked up with a ground in it...

Without front turn signal bulb installed: (this is how im leavin it for now)

1. Right turn signal blinks fast w/ the both taillights blinkin fast like my hazard's are on

2. Radio blinks to the beat of the right turn signal

3. W/ headlights on the right turn signal stays on and doesn't blink

WITH front turn signal bulb installed:

1. Right turn signal light comes on and stays on when you turn on headlights

2. Right turn signal still blinks fast with headlights on or off

3. There is a strange clicking by the A/C compressor and the coilpack/TB (this one almost sounds like a electrical tick) this is all to the beat of the turn signal

4. Car is hard to start with up to 3* of knock on startup

5. The fuel filter vibrates ever 2-3 seconds