oil weight

turboreese415

What is a good brand and oil weight for 87 national not stock different cam and bigger turbo I use amsoil dominator the problem is when I drive for 20 min more I hear a knocking noise under the car not a start up the car has to be driven I just replaced a bad catylic converter with straight pipe could that be it or is it my oil weight thinning?please help me any suggestions?

And dont use scamsoil...its a waste of money IMO plain ole dino works fine. I put 205k on mine beating the hell out of it as a DD and racer. Never used synthetic.

And dont use scamsoil...its a waste of money IMO plain ole dino works fine. I put 205k on mine beating the hell out of it as a DD and racer. Never used synthetic.

Yes. Good old Dino oil with ZDDP Plus. Change it, and change it often.

Last edited:
Flex plate is what connects your crankshaft to the torque convertor. You have to pull the inspection cover off the front of the trans to gain access. Once thats off then get a flashlight and look for cracks from the center mount bolts out to the holes that are randomly in the flexplate.

Last edited:
Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• 1406338770444.jpg
    1406338770444.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 168
If I had a engine knock or bearing knock it will knock when u first start it when col too right?when I start it up its fine its just when I drive it for 15 or more minutes

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If I had a engine knock or bearing knock it will knock when u first start it when col too right?when I start it up its fine its just when I drive it for 15 or more minutes

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not until it gets real bad...it may fine when cold as oil pressure is higher.