Oil question

t3intercooled

Hey guys and gals, to make a long story short in my opinion out of all the "retro" vehicles the Challengers bear the closest resemblance to their respective 70s counterparts. I have wanted a Challenger for a LONG time but never was able to afford one. I was initially going to sell my GN and get an SRT8 but after careful consideration and many opinions from my co-workers at the Chrysler dealership I work at I decided to keep the GN and get a 6 cylinder Challenger as my daily driver.

I am about ready to do the first oil change on her in a couple hundred miles and I know I want to use synthetic, but I'm torn as to what brand to use. I've never used synthetic on my GN cause the main seal already leaks like a sieve, the last thing I need is to go with a thinner oil.

So for that reason, being I have never used synthetic oil I'm throwing this out there so everyone can give me their opinions and if there is a specific reason you choose one brand over another that would be awesome to know as well.. I do appreciate anyone that is willing to give their opinions and I want to thank you in advance!

Valvoline gets my vote. Stay away for Amsoil......aka Scamsoil. Remember tho while Syns do better once under lube. They do drain off and leak easier. Don't be surprised if start up tap is worse with Syns. I have never seen a big difference in MPG with syns I have tried it in motorcycles, cars and trucks. From Royal Purple, Amsoil, redline, etc.
With that said I do run Valvoline Syn in my DD Scion and new Subaru forester. I feel the newer cars do better with the syn than the older cars.
Also, IMO don't get the oil change Special with the fram oil filter cause they are garbage. Run a Bosch, Wix, Napa (Wix makes it for them).