oil pressure line

gmncop

need to know whats the best thing to use for supply line on oil pressure guage . my car has a plastic line in it now but can't stop it from seapping down by sending unit . any suggetions or answers for this problem would be greatly appreciated.

A copper line secured every foot or so with tie wraps so it can't vibrate and stress crack should be good for 15 years or so. :cool:

You can also buy an inline splice to go from 1/8" copper tube to 1/8" nylon line also if you want to repair the end at the sender and splice into the line up before it goes into the firewall.

Adds one more splice point and potential leak but works on my car where I use the copper off the hot turbo oil feed line to plumb in my gauge line then goes to the supplied plastic line into the car.

1/8" tube coupler splice comes with body, two clamp nuts, two ferrules.

bu y an electrical gauge there only 30 to 40 dollars no worries about oil line breakage in and out of the car

My copper line has been on for 20 yrs. Do it one more time with copper and forget about it. Just my exsperience for what it's worth, I personally don't like anything but mechanical gages, my motor over heated on a trip and all the bearings got ruined(the mother of all knocks), it was under warranty but they put another short block in the car. The idiot light never came on.... that's why I put the mechanical water temp and oil pressure gages in to begin with.... a long time ago ....... good luck.

Chuck